Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pither
May 28, 2006

Hello, friends!
Yeah, I just stumbled across Startalk and I thought the exact same thing. They'd start getting into an interesting topic and then pow, another break!

Maybe it's formatted to fit onto terrestrial radio but it's a bummer that they assume the listener has such a short attention span.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pither
May 28, 2006

Hello, friends!
And agi-yun and agi-yun!

Dan makes every other podcast look like amateur hour by comparison but even he has his quirks.

Mr. Pither
May 28, 2006

Hello, friends!
To me I feel like Common Sense is a carry-over from what his old radio show must have been like. He uses a lot of those talk-radio techniques like never wasting a chance to tell the audience how he was right about something, explaining things multiple times for people who are unfamiliar with whatever he's talking about, and framing issues in ways that try to mitigate the arguments that angry callers might make. It comes off a bit weird in a podcast, where you already had to opt in to listen to it rather than just come across it on the radio dial.

I just figure that he's blowing off steam between Hardcore History shows.