Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
I could use PC buds. I'm Anonononomous on UPlay. Contact me with the same name on Steam if you want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
So, uh, who thought the Charlie missions were a good idea? I'm less than halfway to the required number of waves and it sends 27 guys at me. And then the game crashes.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Space Hamlet posted:

For all intents and purposes, you only really need to do the first five waves. And that's really only if you want to unlock another Charlie mission, so if you're not into them, why feel obligated?

Huh. That would have been nice to know. The HUD saying get to wave 20 gave a different impression.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Rohaq posted:

Good idea.

loving UPlay.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to make a shortcut to open up UPlay and run a specific game? I can't seem to find anything online, and it'd be nice to have Blacklist in my games list and let my Steam friends know when I'm playing it, at least.

Just add the game's .exe as a non-steam game in steam.

However, if you run that while UPlay isn't running, steam will count UPlay as the program, so you need to have UPlay running already when you activate it.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Rohaq posted:

That's kind of what I was trying to avoid - I'd rather not run UPlay in the background simply on the offchance that I want to play one of its games from Steam.

Why does UPlay need to be so awkward? Just add some parameters to specify to autorun a game when it opens. Steam manages to do it without an issue.

You're blaming UPlay for Steam not knowing what's what?

If the issue is just about people on your list seeing that you're playing Blacklist (or whatever) all you have to do is make sure you manually open UPlay before launching Blacklist through the Steam shortcut. Then you'll show up as playing Blacklist and you'll have access to the Steam overlay. It's what I do with all my UPlay and Origin games and it works fine.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
I know it's not Splinter Cell, but is the Future Soldier season pass any good? I'm only really interested in playing the co-op stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007
Screw up the metagame?

• Locked thread