Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

SMERSH Mouth posted:

So if I let go of the P6 adaptability requirement, and also say gently caress it to 645 and 6x6 (because I want to shoot wide and whats the point if I'm cropping 6x6 to 3:2-2.25 or wider), then what's the light and/or cheap(er) option that still has a some reputation for reliability? Does such a thing exist? RB 67? The Pentax seems like a beast. Guessing maybe the Fuji is probably the closest I can get to ticking all the boxes.

This seems like a pretty good deal, actually.

Be warned, RB67 is a big heavy camera, like 6lb+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I met a nice armenian guy with an impressive camera collection and bought a mint Yashica Mat 124 G from him.

As I wrapped the camera in a shirt to protect it he seemed adamant that cotton or fabric in general was more likely to result in fibers getting in the optics, and helping fungus to appear and grow.

His he bullshitting ? He was trying to get me to buy a pouch from him so I'm not super convinced. I guess synthetic in general is better ?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Spedman posted:

Be warned, RB67 is a big heavy camera, like 6lb+

my 4x5 is literally less hassle than the RB67 I have, mainly due to it's extreme weight and how it does not pack up

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

insane illusions by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I have a non functional metered prism for my rb67 that I got for cheap and with it on the camera is a hair over 10lbs. Light and portable.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i didnt figure out until recently that the back "just rotates" on the RB, i thought it was more complicated than it was and i didn't look into it :thumbsup: responsible camera ownership

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I guess it's hard to tell, just looking at pictures on eBay. My Kiev is a lot lighter than that.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

So good. I love the reflection in the window.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

So good. I love the reflection in the window.

not pictured: that truck is fully geared out with hydraulics, it was originally lowered in the back and raised in the front (i liked it that way tbh), the pizza delivery guy that owns it ran out and was like "yo do you want me to lay it out for you!?!?" and i was like "nah leave it" but he hopped in and sure enough the hydraulics went up and then down.

it was dope

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
My Pentacon Six just broke - shutter release button was getting stuck, so I tried unscrewing it, and the threaded part just fell apart :negative:

I need it for later today, so I just stuck short allen key into the hole, works perfectly.

Good thing is that I have broken Praktiksix at home from which I can cannibalize the part.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
rollfilm back = movements on 120

Impala by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

untitled by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

mattress ranch by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

shout outs to dukeku for letting me use his 120mm for this

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 2, 2016

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

a cyberpunk goose posted:

mattress ranch by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

shout outs to dukeku for letting me use his 120mm for this

Great.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Word on the street is that Fuji is killing Acros Neopan 100 in 4x5 format

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

:gonk:

RIP money and freezer space

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Geektox posted:

Light and portable.

poo poo! I bought an rb67. One popped up on local CL for a pretty good price and I was able to check it out and verify that everything was working, so I've basically thrown out every single criterion I started with and saddled myself with this behemoth.

Light and portable? No.
P6 lens comparable? No.
645 format? No.
Comes with a wide angle lens? No. (But the 65mm K/L & 50mm C are dirt cheap in camera gear terms)

I like that it has leaf shutter lenses, and so far I've had no trouble with uneven exposure across the frame. Which is more important to me than anything else. The viewfinder is huge and bright. And it came with a grip so I can carry it around easily, although it's heavy as hell. Vibrations are well-dampened by the bulk, but it only has T mode so long exposures are going to be a bit more of a pain.

Really happy with the pictures though.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Doctor Bombadil posted:

My Pentacon Six just broke - shutter release button was getting stuck, so I tried unscrewing it, and the threaded part just fell apart :negative:

I need it for later today, so I just stuck short allen key into the hole, works perfectly.

Good thing is that I have broken Praktiksix at home from which I can cannibalize the part.

I think that assembly must be a weakness on the P6. I've just had my second one fail by the film advance breaking - the lever that lets you release it when you get the to end of a roll is held in place by a plastic screw that seems to snap easily. I tried unscrewing the first one and hosed it up worse just like you, fortunately that does mean I can cannibalise it to fix my other one when I feel brave enough to take it apart. The shutter release actually still works on mine and film advances OK as far as I can tell, but when you pull the film advance lever back I'm worried it's releasing tension on the film and will probably gently caress up spacing/lead to non-flat film.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

big scary monsters posted:

I think that assembly must be a weakness on the P6. I've just had my second one fail by the film advance breaking - the lever that lets you release it when you get the to end of a roll is held in place by a plastic screw that seems to snap easily. I tried unscrewing the first one and hosed it up worse just like you, fortunately that does mean I can cannibalise it to fix my other one when I feel brave enough to take it apart. The shutter release actually still works on mine and film advances OK as far as I can tell, but when you pull the film advance lever back I'm worried it's releasing tension on the film and will probably gently caress up spacing/lead to non-flat film.

Film advance continued working fine on mine, and indeed, sticking allen wrench in hole into which shutter release button screws let me release the shutter.

I have managed to transplant the button assembly from broken Praktiksix I have. It is a bit shorter than on P^, so I had to use the pin and shim from P6, but it works fine now. The only problem is that lock on the button is reversed, so that takes some using to.

e: I'll snap some pics of disassembled button when I come home, if that helps.

The Claptain fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 4, 2016

thedoorstopper
Jan 25, 2015
Sloppy day of shooting. I shot 4 sheets, only 1 turned out. No idea what happened to the rest. Tried developing them all at once.

Also managed to put the dark slide the wrong way back, so now I either have 2 shots of slide film or 1 double exposed slide. lol

Fuji Across

thedoorstopper fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 5, 2016

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I'm selling my bomb rear end GW670 II. It owns hard, and you could too if you buy it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759085&pagenumber=10#post461721607

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Oh so tempting, but flush out of cash and time to use it at the moment

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wild EEPROM posted:

I'm selling my bomb rear end GW670 II. It owns hard, and you could too if you buy it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759085&pagenumber=10#post461721607

Oh dang, I've been thinking about buying one of these.

I was thinking about this as a more portable MF camera, more so than my P67. Did you find that to be true?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Yup, it's definitely more portable. It weighs nothing compared to the P67.

Compared to my P67+55smc

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Golden Hour by spike mccue, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Spedman posted:

Word on the street is that Fuji is killing Acros Neopan 100 in 4x5 format

Word on the street turns out to have been wrong! :buddy:

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Something is off color-wise about this photo and I cant tell what. Too saturated? Too blue? Too pink?

Diana by spike mccue, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Piper's Grinders Galore by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Awkward Davies posted:

Something is off color-wise about this photo and I cant tell what. Too saturated? Too blue? Too pink?

Midtones look too blue-green to me.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Awkward Davies posted:

I would come back a bit on the dark levels in general.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010
Found this today and got irrationally excited:

Whole PDF is here: https://ia601403.us.archive.org/11/items/pdfy-CrPzRQE7YadZxwnF/astronauts_manual_singlepage_lr.pdf

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I love this, thanks !

e:

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 10, 2016

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

I love this, thanks !

e:

The ol' skullfuck shot

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 11, 2016

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

have another "landscape"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

ansel autisms posted:

have another "landscape"

lol this is street photography, go post in that thread, scrub.

• Locked thread