Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i've been shooting a mamiya c3 i bought off a dorkroomer, i finally have a dev process down that doesn't gently caress up my negatives and im getting some nice stuff i think

old town deer by mydoski, on Flickr

the clarity of medium format :cabot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

something odd is happening here, i think a profile is being embedded oddly or something, i did a "copy image" into photoshop and the skin tone seems great, but whenever i upload it or view it in a web browser it's red/magenta as hell.

edit: i just verified that it happens in chrome and firefox, i definitely have color profile corrections enabled and poo poo, and either way you dont want users to need to fiddle with their browser settings to not see your poo poo in bright red. i tried to "save to web" feature in photoshop with a bunch of variations on converting the colors when saving the final image, no luck so far, there's probably a simple trick here i'm just not used to solving

edit 2: now i know a lot more about color profile fuckery in photoshop

edit 3: by jove i've done it

edit 4: i need to do some more color profile research/understanding, but to get this jpg/test i had to go to View > Proof Setup: Monitor RGB, which will let you toggle soft proofing to see what a browser/your computer will show you when it considers this image not-color-managed, from there i went to Edit > Convert To Profile and converted it to CMYK with Intent set to Perceptual, this doesn't seem quite right, but converting to sRGB with perceptual intent and toggling soft proofing showed me the horrible redness again so i'm not sure what to make of it until someone here can provide a more concise explanation

edit 5: TheJeffers was able to simply convert it to sRGB, which isn't giving me the same result as the jpeg he shows me, but both paths give a way less blown saturation than what you're giving, your Adobe RGB 1998 profile in the original file is suspect

edit 6: we're losing our minds and aren't loving with this any more, use better color profiles, when in doubt do stupid poo poo like convert to CMYK with perceptual intent, magically it works if you do this. there's probably some greybeard colorspace conversation to have here but w/e

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 17, 2015

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

crap nerd posted:

On my home PC I thought there was a hint of magenta but it wasn't too bad but on my campus computer which is no way set up for photo editing it looks red as hell, Mido's edit looks much more natural and now I'm paranoid that the colours in all my photos are totally hosed.

my "edit" is just color profile fuckery, when i open the image in photoshop it looks fine if photoshop doesn't make erronious assumptions about the color profile, and then getting it not to gently caress up the image on it's way out via a save as or a save for web is it's own struggle only overcome by converting it to CMYK with perceptual intent, it seems to flush w/e profile badness is causing the over saturation

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

one weird fact discovered by dorkroom mother TheJeffers, Apple hates him!!

it turns out iOS doesn't do color profiles, basically at all, so the original image looks just fine on an iphone :v:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't like this one, too much colour gone but THIS:

looks much better

yeah for some reason I followed the same steps as Jeffers and my poo poo was all red, I guess my computer was taking weirder guesses with the color profile vs my perceptive RGB profile

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

cat tail by mydoski, on Flickr

i am greatly enjoy medium format

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

kitties by mydoski, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

concrete shadow by mydoski, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

you and the color red

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

coast by mydoski, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

come with by mydoski, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

mug-shot by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

subject-subject by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

ansel autism at work

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i'm pretty sure you live in some other dimension, like you're trapped in a "Blame!" like maze, or a Moebius comic, or some Aeon Flux construct

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

developing at home is scary the first few times but just shoot hp5+ and do dilution h (1:63) of hc110 for 12 minutes and you'll get B&W photos that look like the ones I upload :v:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

vacancy by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

taken on a Mamiya C3 on portra 400, this was a 40s exposure iirc

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Helicity posted:

It's a shame because I think they're one of the sexiest cameras but its getting hard to find them in decent shape due to their non-modular construction. Ebay shops seem to snap up a lot of the available stock, "CLA", and relist for exorbitant sums. Harry Fleenor even said its not worth it trying to replace the lenses if anything goes south. I spent $1200 twice and ended up with lenses with fungus both times. The Tessar is perfectly fine if you shoot Portra stopped down a little bit as you're pretty much hitting the resolution limits of the film at that point.

i shoot with a fungus lens on purpose sometimes :mrgw:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

a package has arrived!

:woop:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

alkanphel posted:

Awesome! Looks like you got the F1 version.

the N2s are about 4 months away from being shippable :( they need to make more

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

alkanphel posted:

So, what lenses are going on yours?

i'm buying MrBlandAverage's 150mm nikkor w f/5.6 :doh:

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 28, 2015

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

MrBlandAverage posted:

This (but I just sold my Digisix to Mido).

This (i use the digisix that you sold me)

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

it sets by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

:mrgw:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Tony Two Bapes posted:

i can never seem to make my ektar not look wonky as hell. how do you make it look dope?

i haven't taken ektar seriously because the rules are supposedly "only shoot at golden hour or it wont look Quite Right"

tactical sandals, reveal your secrets to us

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

first set of poo poo shot on the Chamonix 45F1 with a nikkor w 150mm f/5.6

garage by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

church by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

tavern by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

bridging by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

large format ektar ektar ektar

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

wrong time right thing by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

4x5 portra shoot shoot shoot

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

mods please make this emote be the thread sub title tia

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Mido posted:

4x5 portra shoot shoot shoot

molalla by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Bud posted:

I'm working on it!
Got through 3 rolls of Ektar
From my test roll on the GW690:

GW690_Ektar_Somerville001-Edit-4
by Bud, on Flickr

And 2 from Maui:

GW690_IEktar_Maui008-Edit-3
by Bud, on Flickr

GW690_Ektar_Haleakala002-Edit-8
by Bud, on Flickr

These are lookin good but I especially dig what you got out of Ektar on that first shot

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

northern queen inn by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

a church no more by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

cottonwood by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

Nothin' like some landscaping while camping. 4x5 on a Chamonix 45F1 with a Nikor 150mm*

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 1, 2015

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

hp5+ taken as the first test shots of the rb67 i inherited from my dad. ansel autism was a good test subject:
lucas by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

using some portra 400 with the mamiya C3 i bought from SA users Bowbles:
yes by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

Check your white balance, you've got a lot of green in there.

that's just reciprocity success

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

Stop trying to prevent fetch from hapening. It's going to happen.

lol no one cares

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

hatchery by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

chamonix 45f1 with nikkor sw 90mm @ 1 minute 30s @ f/22 or 32 on portra 400

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

loading by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

more night shooting, chamonix 4x5, portra 400, etc.

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 3, 2015

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

gym by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

jenner by Max Piepenbrink, on Flickr

• Locked thread