Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

nielsm posted:

I think you should be able to open the camera in a dark room, remove both spools from the camera and wind it back up on the source one.
I've done this and it works fine. It will be especially easy since you're only on the first frame. Had you been further along it probably would have been easier to shoot the roll with the lens cap on, then reload the film and shoot it all again with the lens cap still on; basically this would rewind the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!

nielsm posted:

Isn't it risky to load 120 film from the wrong end? Since only the starting end is fastened to the backing paper, when you run it backwards you risk the film itself not following the paper and jamming. This could be especially bad on cameras that don't have a flat film path, such as Hasselblad backs.
I've only done it once and it was in a folder camera (so the film path was straight and there was no focal shutter to get stuck in), so I guess if that doesn't apply it should just be rewound by hand.

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!
67mm

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!
Photography Calculator
At the bottom is a calculator for finding lens equivalence. An 80mm f2 on a 645 is about equivalent to a 46mm f1.2 on a FF. So yes, you could reproduce it, but it gets harder to do for the larger formats. For example, a 105mm f5.6 (a common 4x5 lens) is similar to a 28mm f1.5, and you aren't going to find many wide lenses that are that fast on a full frame.

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!
Yup, the film comes on a spool. As you shoot it, it winds onto the take up spool. When you're done the original spool will be empty. You send the film in with the take up spool, and move the old spool which becomes the new take up.

You might want to look up a video of loading your camera as it's not quite as straight forward as 35mm (though it's still very easy). There is a specific orientation (because of the paper backing) which might not be obvious, and there is a starting mark for how much to prewind the film.

• Locked thread