Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

aliencowboy posted:

How feasible is it to unload a partially shot roll of 120 and reload it later? I have a single exposure used on a roll of Velvia 50 that's been keeping me from shooting what I want to.

If I have to, I'll just ditch the roll, but it seems like a waste.

i am sure you can do what the above poster said, but honestly its going to take you .2 seconds longer to burn through 11 frames then it would to waste the roll. i have this problem right now where i am going to need to finish my half roll of 220 in my main camera before school starts, or you (or i) could just shoot with a second medium format camera. if you dont have a second (or third) this would be a good excuse to get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

8th-samurai posted:

I read an article years ago in Black & White Photography (a wonderful UK photo magazine BTW). It was about how you could make a paper negative and then use a lightbox and a pencil to dodge it by shading on the back of the paper as a way to make a contact print but have more control over the final image.
oh man that shading idea is genius. i have taken a few shots with ortho litho film in a 4x5 which had a similar iso. the only problem/cool part was that it is so high contrast. i guess that you can reduce the contrast by cutting your paper devo with water, but i was too lazy to set up a new bath at my school. this is in our studio using a single light source with pretty low light to just capture part of the subject, but you get the idea. (~30 second exposure)

keenker by OjaiYoda, on Flickr

also i just got back three rolls of 220, and have defiantly confirmed that my Mamiya 6's light meter is off, and the result is under exposed negatives. so mad. :bang:

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
I leave tomorrow for a week long tour with my friends band to the pacific northwest. I plan on shooting all of my film, and probably a couple of my girlfriends film too. muhahaha....

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
I have been passively looking for a 50mm lens for my mamiya 6. are there any sites anyone can recommend besides things like ebay, or keh?

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
My grandmothers birthday is next month so I got this as a surprise for her. she is going to be pissed for a little bit. Done by Cody Rutland at Death Before Dishonor in San Jose. Her name is Anita. She gave me hers a few years ago.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

unpacked robinhood posted:

I'm an rear end for saying this but you wrote her name on an object which looks like a robot tombstone and had it permanently inked on your skin.
e: decent tattoo though

when she asks me what i have done, i will reply that i got her a robot tombstone. she will get a laugh at least.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
First up the last couple of pages have had some steller photos on it. I am gearing up for a big photo project, and I am also broke as a joke. I got a bunch of good film, but I had to settle with getting a big brick of Arista edu because its cheap as gently caress. I shot a couple test rolls, and got back some mixed results, but this one I am in love with. Not all of it is the film quality, but for such a cheap film I think it looks pretty good. This is a straight scan with no editing besides a couple of dust spots.
Favorite Photo, Favorite Friend by OjaiYoda, on Flickr

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
developing this is going to suuuuuuck.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

Genderfluid posted:

what are your plans for it?

well, these are all from a US tour I just did with my friends band. I went on tour with them last summer and the summer before that. Two summers ago I shot a comparable amount, and spent two semesters printing in the lab around 120 prints. I trimmed the fat, and assembled a book that I am going to self publish hopefully this winter. Its taking me so long to get anything done because I am super busy/broke in dental hygiene school right now. After that first tour book is published I am going back to do a collaborative project for last summers images with my other photographer friend who was also on tour with us last summer and this summer. THEN ill get around to doing the same thing for these. In the meantime ill be developing and scanning all of these over the next few weeks at the lab where I work.

I wish I had a minilab at my disposal. I looked on craigslist, but there is nothing in the sf bay area :(

edit*
In regards to the last pages discussion on Mamiya 6/7 all the MF that I shot this summer, last summer and the summer before was with the 6. The coolest camera in the world. so light, so portable, so light meter. A major downside is you can pick them up all day for body and kit lens for 1200, but then must spend 600 for the cooler of the only three available lenses.

OjaiYoda fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

ansel autisms posted:

Too dark to see I was cutting his feet off

I love Hamm's

• Locked thread