Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

"It is his fault he didn't lock the garage."
If I were in the market for a Mamyia RB67 what would be the best lenses to be after, landscape and some portrait is what I plan on using them for. I hear the KL are the best lenses then the C's after that. Anyone have some goon experience that would help me on my way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

Probably how the light refracted through the leak?

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

I took the plunge and bought and RB67 Pro SD with the 90mmKL and two backs(one motorized the other standard.) Can't wait to start playing with it's ginormous self. I was also looking at the Pentax 67 but MLU bodies were getting more and more expensive, and I kind of like the rotating back, leaf shutter, and bellows focusing on the RB.

Any next lens/accessories suggestions?

Ferris Bueller fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 24, 2013

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

I have a Mamiya C33 and I wanted something not square(not that this was a bad thing,) and not a TLR.

The magazine thing attracted me, and now everything(digital and film both 120/135,) will be 77mm on the front end, so filters ect will be standardized across all my systems, on top of being able to use polarizers, and ND grads more effectively compared to my current MF setup.

That lens you mentioned does seem to get a lot of good reviews, I'll keep my eyes out, but yeah I wanted to use the "standard" lens for a bit to see how I liked it.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

Paul MaudDib posted:

It's tax refund season. There is a big bump in gear prices at this time every year. It seems to be particularly pronounced with P67 gear for some reason, it jumps 25-50% for a few months.

I've been hemming and hawing on this purchase for a year or more now, and it seems like the Pentax system has gone nothing but up. It's a great system to be sure, especially it's glass as you've pointed out, but when I found my above deal for $330 all told I jumped on it. That and I really like the idea of the removable backs.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

Spedman posted:

As for a portable darkroom, I'm looking into getting one of these for doing wet plate, as the cheap shower tent I've got just doesn't quite cut it:

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store/shopdetail.asp?params=69143*107**POP-UP_PORTABLE_ICE_SHELTER_QUICKFISH_3

<$200 and for all intensive purposes is light tight

I have on of those things and there is a TON of light leaks, it's dark yes but not a dark room. Don't know how dark you need but plan on some light proofing especially in bright light.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

alkanphel posted:

Those are just failsafes to make sure you can't do things that would screw with the normal operation of the camera. It wouldn't make sense to shoot with the darkslide in, so the Hassy doesn't let you do that; similarly, you wouldn't want to take off the back without the darkslide cos that kills the frame. Not all cameras are like that, I think the Mamiya cameras let you shoot with the darkslide in.

My RB goes into lockdown with the dark slide not in the appropriate position for what you are trying to do.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

How did you get the plate out that far from the head? Because I'm totally stealing that both for my TLR and RB.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

On the RB67 vs Pentax 67 the last thing I would say it the RB is heavy as hell when compared to the pentax. They're both beasts as far as weight is concerned. The RB is much bulkier then the pentax, and the pentax does have faster glass then the RB, but I bought into the RB system as it was a bit cheaper, and the flexibility the film magazines give you.

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

Speaking of the shutter release, does anyone know what thread it is? I know it's a taper thread but I need to get a nut that might work and silver solder it onto the release bar on my mamiya c33 so I can use a release with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferris Bueller
May 12, 2001

I bought my RB67 from a Japanese camera dealer on ebay and just was in the exact condition described and was super easy to deal with. Like BANME said much cheaper than KEH, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy from ebay again under similar circumstances.

• Locked thread