Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

guidoanselmi posted:

Fuji also makes the GS680, which is an absurdly large and surprisingly electronic camera for (generally) studio use.

I almost bought it - but then decided it was too large to be practical.

I then bought an RZ67 (and resold it back to KEH a year later).

What kind of prices does keh give you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
Kinda want to get into large format. Is there any resources to read in terms of things to buy? I'm not really sure what's just an easy solid set of things to buy to allow me to just start shooting.

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

8th-snype posted:

This. Also join their actual forums and in 30 days you will be able to use their buy/sell forum, which is pretty handy because sometimes there are decent deals on there. Honestly, LF is pretty easy to get into you need a camera, lens, film and some holders. There are few more bits if you don't have a tripod that is up to snuff or haven't been developing your own B&W and need to get a tank or whatever. What's your rough budget and the things you intend to shoot?

Thanks for the advice! Joined the forum just now. My budget is... I'm not really sure, bang for the buck is more of a concern I guess. I tend to shoot a lot of things. Recently bought a Leica M6 and have been really enjoying that for everything. However when I go on hikes around here in Southern California I've felt like, wow it'd be great to slow down and work on a bigger piece and it's just really loving cool to have a bigger negative. (My only exposure to MF/LF is my Mamiya 645). So yeah, a lot of landscapes. Although some of the LF portraiture I've seen have been absolutely mind blowing so I wouldn't mind experimenting with that either.

Randuin fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 14, 2014

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~
I already have a V700 and have access to a darkroom (with chemicals!) for free. So that part definitely helps a lot. I think I definitely might go towards a Chamonix setup

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

Man_of_Teflon posted:

There's this guy too, but I imagine it would be quite a while also.

Is it just me or does that look like a kid's megablock toy?

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

bobmarleysghost posted:

Speaking of GW's, is a Fuji GW690 II in supposedly EX condition worth US$300? I'm inclined to say yes...

Is it really only that much? I've been looking a while although I'm more inclined to pick up something square format...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randuin
Dec 26, 2003

O-Overdrive~

crap nerd posted:

The large format "Intrepid" camera that was on kickstarter a while back is taking orders now. Kinda tempted to get one though I should probably wait and see what people have to say about them.

https://intrepidcamera.co.uk/products/intrepid-camera

I just put in an order for one. It's cheap enough to get even if it ends up being kind of a dud.

• Locked thread