Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
gently caress yeah.

AoW 1 was a good game.

AoW 2 was an even better game, and I spent a ton of time playing it.

AoW: SM was fricking incredible, and had a huge amount of replay value. It had like 8 campaigns or some such, a crazy amount of civs (Shuriken throwing tiger people anyone?) and vastly improved AI.

I am totally psyched about this and will be picking it up on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Finally got around to buying and downloading this after having loving the first 2 games in the series and I'm very very happy with my purchase. It really captures the feel of the first two games while adding a whole new element.

I'm learning the ropes on a random map as a Draconian Warlord and it's been pretty fun so far. Only things I really need to understand are the actual strengths of independant units / dungeons as I'm probably being overly cautious about attacking things at the moment.

One question I have is a bout mines/towers etc. that you take that are outside of your zone of control. Do they provide any benefit at all?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
So I've started a High Elf Rogue game, and these guys are pretty amazing. High Elf bards basically make longbowmen obsolete as they get the same range attack while getting the unit stealing upside. I'm running a party at the moment with 2 bards and a nymph unit, and every fight means an additional 1-2 units for my army.

When things don't work out on the charm/seduce front, assassins are there to blow up the creature that was the target, while the other bard unit peppers it with arrows.

Really really enjoying how each different Lord type actually has a pretty large impact on how the game develops. Can't wait for the expansion and some halfling goodness.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Is there a way to rearrange a stack? For some reason, my civic guards refuse to leave the 6th slot on my stack, which is really annoying as I'd much prefer them up front to take hits and have my longbowmen sit at the back instead. I've tried breaking up the stack and the re-merging it, but the civic guards always move back into the 6th position.

On a lighter note, I think I'm addicted to evolving units. With my current rogue game, I've charmed all three spider types and fed them kills to evolve them up, and now I'm starting to work on serpents...

• Locked thread