Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
My account and characters are probably gone but I will give this another go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinderful
Feb 12, 2006

I've found the things I missed from WoW via playing patch 1.12. Even with the ancient graphics, this game seems way...bigger
For example, the tauren telling you little stories about their hunter culture, of your importance to the tribe, and how they think you'll make them proud in thunder bluff. Little stuff like that is way more endearing/compelling than any "Go fight the big big bad" stuff we've gotten since. Also, wishing they had a donation button just to help Freaky with his situation :( Hope blizz backs off, he was just doing the world a kindness.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
The site appears to be gone. anyone know what happened?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The moved it for some reason. I don't follow it as closely, but here is the new site http://rebirthwebsite.azurewebsites.net/

They also have an updated realmlist: set realmlist rebirthservervm.cloudapp.net

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I think me and Hodep are the only two active people in GUILD at this point

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?
i still log in from time to time

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

Astarath posted:

i still log in from time to time

and whats the deal with it lately?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I finally gave up and switched to Hate. RIP <GUILD>

Robot_Z
Jun 30, 2011

All this time I
thought it was normal
Clever Betty
Not sure if anyone is still following the status of this but the website at: http://www.therebirth.net/ has been down for the past ~6 months and the replacement site http://rebirthwebsite.azurewebsites.net/ is currently unavailable.

The wiki is still being maintained and account creation is still possible through either
1) requesting an account through the Facebook page for The Rebirth (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheRebirthWOW/)
2) opening a ticket in-game and requesting the same through whatever GM contacts you

On a different note, is there a Goon guild for either Alliance or Horde on this server? I do not see this information in the OP.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Robot_Z posted:

Not sure if anyone is still following the status of this but the website at: http://www.therebirth.net/ has been down for the past ~6 months and the replacement site http://rebirthwebsite.azurewebsites.net/ is currently unavailable.

The wiki is still being maintained and account creation is still possible through either
1) requesting an account through the Facebook page for The Rebirth (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheRebirthWOW/)
2) opening a ticket in-game and requesting the same through whatever GM contacts you

On a different note, is there a Goon guild for either Alliance or Horde on this server? I do not see this information in the OP.

Looks like it got back up on the 17th after being heavily DDOS. There use to be a guild on both sides but I think all he goons stopped playing.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Pretty much all the goons are over at Emerald Dream now.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

TipTow posted:

Pretty much all the goons are over at Emerald Dream now.

Think i might have to jump on there.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Rebirth is stable now and I am having a great sexy time. Lvl 57 warrior now and all these people keep saying on general chat how the server scripting is better than Emerald Dream. Come back to Rebirth all you beautiful Goons!

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

MentholsNBeer posted:

Rebirth is stable now and I am having a great sexy time. Lvl 57 warrior now and all these people keep saying on general chat how the server scripting is better than Emerald Dream. Come back to Rebirth all you beautiful Goons!

All 13 people on general chat were talking about Emerald Dream.
6 of them were Admins.

Nice.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 13, 2014

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I can no longer log in, just connecting until 'disconnected from server' but earlier all my characters were gone.

a chunk of wood
Apr 22, 2008
Been playing here again. Server pop is getting better and the website is back up. Has cloud hosting so you're not getting awful latency and constant disconnects a la Emerald Dream. Seems like a lot of the really geared people left and a ton of lowbies are starting to play here. Feels like a pretty new server.

a chunk of wood
Apr 22, 2008
Update: Population is getting much better since there have been a ton of Emerald Dream refugees. Entire guilds are rerolling here. The scripting and GM help is infinitely superior.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
What is it up to realistically? Is there any hope of the rest of BWL?

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

McSpankWich posted:

Is there any hope of the rest of BWL?

Back to rebirth.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

a chunk of wood posted:

Update: Population is getting much better since there have been a ton of Emerald Dream refugees. Entire guilds are rerolling here. The scripting and GM help is infinitely superior.

What happened with Emerald Dream?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Pop reached 500 recently, Hate has killed up to Broodlord in BWL. We did AV today

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Can anyone give me their addon list? There's a mind-bogglingly amount of addons in the pack. I honestly have no idea what addons were used for vanilla wow.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

FutuerBear posted:

Back to rebirth.

:aaaaa:

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Oh man I remember playing this back in like 2011, then it died and everyone went to other servers. I remember this server having the best scripting I had seen on a free server. What ended up happening with the legal problems and DDoS attacks?

insensate
Jul 3, 2007
The tide of war hath turned...
Any idea if the server population is decent enough to bother leveling? I know it's always a gamble with these servers, but some are more dead than others.

namol
Mar 21, 2007
My level 60 dwarf huntard is still on the server, yay i guess?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

Oh man I remember playing this back in like 2011, then it died and everyone went to other servers. I remember this server having the best scripting I had seen on a free server. What ended up happening with the legal problems and DDoS attacks?

I think the server got handed off to Muggle, who is European. This was to circumvent the legal case, from what I was told. AFAIK the DDOS is over.

a chunk of wood
Apr 22, 2008

insensate posted:

Any idea if the server population is decent enough to bother leveling? I know it's always a gamble with these servers, but some are more dead than others.

it's a pretty good bet. It's been climbing upwards since ED started going down a few months back. they should be having a new patch out soon that will hopefully have more of the BWL scripting.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

insensate posted:

No, you want to come back to ED and shoot things. :)

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

If ED implements donation rewards I'm coming back to rebirth

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gripen5 posted:

This is curtsey of Mewse in the Emerald Dream thread:

http://www.doomers.org/vanilla_talents/

He wrote both the original script and set up the website that now does everything for you. Just be warned that some talent builds don't seem to work. I know I had trouble with Shaman builds, which I don't think work at all. And some builds just display with too many or too few talents.

Edit: Oh it seems someone already responded to you. Oh well, now I have the link for the lazy person.

Sooo this post is from a year ago but I'm just reading it.

If anyone wants the source code to this script, I'd be glad to share. Also if it screws up, I can investigate trying to fix it, I didn't know Shaman links might not be working.

There are other old talent formats that I'm not handling yet: I know wow-europe URLs aren't being processed although it should be trivial.

I have the algorithm that wow-provider uses to shorten their URLs, maybe I should make a universal translator..

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

Can't deal with ED queues any more, im gonna play on here again for a while.

Anyone still playing horde side? I'm gonna start fresh on that faction i think. Made 2 groups of 5 characters to multibox - all characters named grizzly_____ . Holler if you see me.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I leveled a druid to 40+ on here in like 2012... Any idea if the characters get purged after x time?

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?
i still have all my dudes, so no they do not (apparently)

also the latency is much better than ED which is in loving romania somewhere i mean seriously

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

ShockDawg 2L posted:

Anyone still playing horde side? I'm gonna start fresh on that faction i think. Made 2 groups of 5 characters to multibox - all characters named grizzly_____ . Holler if you see me.

Nooo Pythonsss! RIP. Hope you come back someday, I want to hear of your 5-man melee experiences in dungeons. I couldn't level my paladin beyond 30 due to the grind boredom and you managed to do 2 at once and 2 warriors(I think). That's some hardcore grinding man, GL in the rebirth though!

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

ShockDawg 2L posted:

I'm playing horde, add me: deepsquats

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Does this server allow for multiple clients on a single account? If I wanted to multibox, would I need to run 2 accounts?

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Does this server allow for multiple clients on a single account? If I wanted to multibox, would I need to run 2 accounts?

Have to make a new account for each character you want to play simultaneously. Its not that much of a bother at all once you climb the initial learning curve involved with multiple clients and multiboxing software (i use hotkeynet, cause its free and easy)

EDIT: although i should add that on this server you have to be careful not to have single keystrokes sent to more than one client simultaneously ("key cloning"). This is allowed on ED but not here. Freaky has said that multiboxing is allowed as long as you "control each client directly", HOWEVER he says that if you have a software solution to sending keystrokes to your various clients, thats ok, as long as each keystroke does one action on one character.

Or in other words you can use boxing software so that you dont have to switch screens every time you want a character to do soemthing (you can leave the slave clients minimized), but you can't have one key stroke perform an action simultaneously on several characters.

I hope that makes sense i dont know how to explain it better.

ShockDawg 2L fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 20, 2014

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

This server is great, the population is going up every day. Back when I made my character the server was dead and now it's almost like a normal population blizz server. Ping is way better than ED.

In as Ji, troll mage. Feel free to add me, Currently level 21.

Anyone know if there is a pvp dedicated Horde guild?

kazr fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insensate
Jul 3, 2007
The tide of war hath turned...

DrSeRRoD posted:

No, you want to come back to ED and shoot things. :)

The thing that drove me away from ED aside from life stuff was my hunter being so drat broken. :(

EDIT: In as Archeus. See yous goons around.

insensate fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 22, 2014

• Locked thread