Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

namol posted:

the goon guilds really need to come back to rebirth, the one I'm in now tries a tad too hard.

Which one would that be?

Edit: gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namol
Mar 21, 2007
Either Guild or Ye Olde Guilde

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
No I meant which one are you in now?

namol
Mar 21, 2007
Both :D, my horde is lvl 50 in guild and my alliance is level 60 in yog.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Is this still a thing?

Most links in the OP are dead and I want vanilla wow please.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Is this still a thing?

Most links in the OP are dead and I want vanilla wow please.

Go here

e: For content related to your original question, I went to see if Rebirth is still up. Their website is down but they have some kinda subreddit which explains they just had a six week rollback. If you want to create an account you have to email them.

I think it's safe to say Rebirth is dead for now.

mewse fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 14, 2015

namol
Mar 21, 2007
latest rebirth news, the last patch broke the server and they're waiting for a technician to roll in and save the day, lol!

Also https://en.nostalrius.org/ opens up on saturday, you can register for an account now.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

namol posted:

Also https://en.nostalrius.org/ opens up on saturday, you can register for an account now.
Digging that website.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

namol posted:

latest rebirth news, the last patch broke the server and they're waiting for a technician to roll in and save the day, lol!

Yeah I did the last test of this. While a fair number of smaller things were still broken, pretty much anything we brought up was fixed within an hour. These guys seem to know what they're doing.

It's also the first private server that will be rolling back the stats to whatever patch the server is on - I think they might even be doing original Epic mounts, original T2 graphics for a while.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

Yeah I did the last test of this. While a fair number of smaller things were still broken, pretty much anything we brought up was fixed within an hour. These guys seem to know what they're doing.

It's also the first private server that will be rolling back the stats to whatever patch the server is on - I think they might even be doing original Epic mounts, original T2 graphics for a while.

Is this the same guys that made scriptcraft rebranded?

I might be biased because I play on emerald dream, but it seems to me like it's prudent to ignore new servers until they've been open awhile

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

lapse posted:

Is this the same guys that made scriptcraft rebranded?

I might be biased because I play on emerald dream, but it seems to me like it's prudent to ignore new servers until they've been open awhile

I want to say the scriptcraft guy was Canadian/American or something. These folks seem to be French.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
That server is up, seems really stable and 4000 players show up in /who right now. Not sure if that's horde only or both factions. There's so many people in the starting zones it's impossible to level. Really neat though.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Changed my realmlist file to nostalrius, but the client still defaults to rebirth.

edit: getting rid of the apply named WTF folder worked.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 1, 2015

mewse
May 2, 2006

Someone should make a nostralius thread instead of this shrine to the dead corpse of rebirth

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

mewse posted:

Someone should make a nostralius thread instead of this shrine to the dead corpse of rebirth

Indeed. That said, Nost is getting clobbered at the moment and disconnects are aplenty.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
Nostalrius just broke 5k users online serverwide, 100% stable, no lag or disconnects.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rifles posted:

Nostalrius just broke 5k users clients online serverwide, 100% stable, no lag or disconnects.

ftfy

namol
Mar 21, 2007
I'm Playing on the horde side as krampus, hit me up if you're on sometime!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Multiboxing is forbidden on that server. Who knows if it's being enforced, currently, though.

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse posted:

Someone should make a nostralius thread

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

In any event, I am in game hordeside as Burninator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Happy with Nostalrius so far. Currently on alliance side but unfortunately won't be able to play much these weeks.

e: didn't like alliance. i'm in as Elementalist on horde.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 6, 2015

• Locked thread