Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Something of note; Server location effects latency. That said, as a mountain standard time goon, the above mentioned server was terribad for my ping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Brave New World posted:

I can't speak about the raids, but Rebirth is way more stable than Emerald Dream is.
  • ED has major connectivity issues.
  • It seems that fully 10-20% of ED's quests are bugged. Special mention goes to their lovely scripting for any quest items in containers that makes said items only retrievable literally hours after the last person used it.
  • Like you mentioned, enemies in mines will frequently jump into the floor or ceiling and proceed to kill you from there.
  • Just wait until you meet an NPC that runs through walls to summon his buddies.
  • Emerald Dream is a full team of people that don't seem to give a gently caress about how buggy their server is.
  • Rebirth is one guy that runs an awesome server as a labor of love.
So why the gently caress did I move to Emerald Dream? Because it has more people. I kinda regret it though.

This. All of it.
If it wasn't for the sheer population, Rebirth would be the clearly better choice.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

weato posted:

All of this. In addition I find ED to be horribly spiky, and I get a ping of 120-150. On Rebirth I'm stable in the 30-50 range.

I hear they've been getting clobbered by DDOS attacks. Whatever the reason, it is annoying as hell. There are spots in the game world where lag is horrible compared to others, places which cause me to crash to desktop, occurrences of my hole computer locking up for a couple minutes. (this happened when engaged in world PvP of all things) Mobs are never precisely where they are shown on screen, and every time I waltz into melee distance I have to take a couple steps backward due to "facing the wrong way". A few people have claimed that there are very few "loose ends" to be fixed on ED. It simply is not true.

Neither Rebirth nor ED seem to be able to fix the mac boat/zep bug, if either actually give two fucks about their mac players. ED has yet to even acknowledge the issue exists.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 30, 2013

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

dkj posted:

Everyone is a flake on those servers. I love the instant max-level donation option.

That makes you a flake.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

dipiddy posted:

Wow. Besides the fact that he was in the US, it sounds like Rebirth was a little too close to the real thing or am I reading too much into what he said?

I wish Blizz would just create a 1.12 server already. Charge me an extra 2 bucks, I don't care.

I'd rather they didn't and left people like Freaky the gently caress alone.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

namol posted:

Also https://en.nostalrius.org/ opens up on saturday, you can register for an account now.
Digging that website.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Changed my realmlist file to nostalrius, but the client still defaults to rebirth.

edit: getting rid of the apply named WTF folder worked.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 1, 2015

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

mewse posted:

Someone should make a nostralius thread instead of this shrine to the dead corpse of rebirth

Indeed. That said, Nost is getting clobbered at the moment and disconnects are aplenty.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rifles posted:

Nostalrius just broke 5k users clients online serverwide, 100% stable, no lag or disconnects.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

In any event, I am in game hordeside as Burninator

• Locked thread