Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
How do I ask this without giving out too much information? I work in power generation and transmission with experience in distribution, its a very small industry in terms of at or just above my level everyone knows each other. I'm pretty sure I've worked with or know some of the other goons in this field without knowing for sure.

I'm looking at every option to get out of my current job where I've been underemployed for a while now but keeps me in the field. Without getting too specific think of my current job as a combo of relay and test, controls engineer, power tester, electrician, and so on. How do I move up to SME, professional test witness, or site manager type work.

I'm tired of fixing the half assed work of these engineering firms for a a third what their site guys get paid for more hours than they work. These companies start with Bur.. McD..... , Dash..... , Qualit... , Sar.... & Lund... and they all suck to some degree or another because they gently caress up simple poo poo constantly. How can I be proactive, but profitably for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I don't work for a utility but as a vendor rep at a lot of different utilities, we seem to do a lot more than the other vendor reps I've worked with. The biggest handicap I have is no 4 yr degree and no PE license, what I do have is 17 years of experience with 8 of it in the field.