Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
So I think this is the appropriate thread for this. I need some advice on how to negotiate a raise.

I work for a very small (<10) environmental consulting firm. There are only two of us in this office (my boss and I). I started three months ago making 40k/year and I'm up for a three month review. Things have been going well and my boss is constantly saying how screwed he would be if I left, how he's grooming me for a very high position, etc.

I will also be moving soon to a very, very expensive part of NJ and I definitely need a raise to stay comfortable. How should I go about asking for more money? How much could I get away with? I was thinking about a bump to 45k would be reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU