Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirex
Mar 20, 2012
This thread has some great advice, thank you all!
I hope you all find your true passion and end up being super happy with your life - I really do.

Though I need a bit of consulting at the moment since I have no idea if this is something worth risking for and make sure I don't jeopardize anything.

Look for the bold text if you don't feel like reading some kid whining about his job.

I finished school a year ago, I was happy and exhausted from all the pressure I had gotten and started focusing on my creative side (drawing and all that jazz).
I did the things I enjoyed to do and talked to a lot of neat people and finally managed to stabilize my happiness.
I was happy!

Then I recently turned 18 (adult life woah!) and instantly got pushed into having a job (retail to be specific) - "Okay" I thought, "Nothing big. I can handle it for sure! At least keep my family happy about it."
But after working after a month or two I noticed something going downhill.
I'm not happy.

I started getting depressed, I would forget about things I'd usually remember, get extremely exhausted and would have no time for my hobbies and even if I did I would drop my pen because of aching pains in my wrist from all the work.
No way was this going to be the number one reason on why I shouldn't be helping customers with a smile and wishing them a good day. Hell, there shouldn't even be a single reason to begin with.
"No way in hell" I thought.

Though I really wanted to quit my job after hearing from two different people from two different countries that they're getting paid a lot better by just working at a flower shop and have less physical labor, working days and hours.
Boy did I feel like someone was twisting my guts after that (and I still do). Hell, I thought I should move out of here and work outside of my country or even live there. And honestly that really seems a lot better than what I'm currently experiencing right now.

I agreed with my boss to work for few weeks before quitting. (They don't have a lot of people working on my section and I hate to leave anyone hanging all of the sudden even though they said I can quit whenever I want.)

What I'm asking is
Is it really a good idea to move to a different country, or even temporarily, for just a measly job like a flower shop?
Because, honestly, getting paid 2 or even 1 euro per hour (because of taxes) while your friend casually mentions he gets paid 6 euros per hour and has half workdays and hours compared to mine - sounds like heaven to me.
Or should I just look for a different job? Because well, y'know, family and all.

Really sorry if I posted in the wrong thread and for all this drama in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU