Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mary Fucking Poppins
Aug 1, 2002

Kim Jong Il posted:

SELECT *
FROM table1 t1 (this is saying where you're initially pulling the data from, and then renaming table1 to t1 for shorthand)
LEFT JOIN table t2 (nolock) on t2.id=t1.id
WHERE t1.year='2012' and t2.city='Boston'
When you left join a table and specify a filter on that table (t2.city='Boston'), you're effectively writing an inner join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Fucking Poppins
Aug 1, 2002
I'm a little confused about how pay works when compared to an independent contractor. I'm considering a job with a consulting company who would offer the position as an independent contractor or an employee of the consulting company itself. If they say that the job is $X per her and to increase that if pursuing as an independent contractor or decrease that if pursing as a full-time employee, how much does that generally slide in each direction? I'd more than likely pursue as a full-time employee, but I don't really have an idea of how much the annual salary would actually be. I'm intending on asking more about that with the recruiter, but the more information I have ahead of time the more comfortable I'd be.

Mary Fucking Poppins
Aug 1, 2002

Ultimate Mango posted:

Do you want to pay for your own insurance and taxes? There are some people who prefer contracting and are set up to do that stuff on their own and feel like it is better. Others prefer being a corporate employee and getting regular benefits and such. You would have to look t taxes and benefits and such in your area of residence and compare the contractor rate less all that other stuff against the salary they offer (and other benefits).

The decision for you boils down to this: have you done contracting in the past and are you comfortable with that setup? If they answer isn't a resounding YES just take it as a corporate job.
Yeah, my intention is to take it as a full-time position mostly because I don't want the head-ache of doing taxes as an independent contractor. But I'm trying to get a gauge on how much the salary would be to see if it's worth it to leave my current position. Like I said, I can ask the recruiter, but I was already told $X/hr but lower if you're not a subcontractor. So if it's normal for people to automatically know that means $X - Y I'd rather not ask and risk looking dumb.