Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Xguard86 posted:

Your company has a big part to play in all this. My last place underpaid everyone by 25% or worse and had no idea of the true market value for their employees, so they would pretty much laugh off any raise requests because they honestly thought everyone was well compensated, until like 80% of the department left within 6 months.

Yeah, "salary negotiation" is basically a shameful quasi-erotic fantasy at this point. I once asked for a raise to help cover my insurance, because 70 bucks out of every paycheck is going to destroy me. They basically told me to gently caress off, and that they didn't have enough money. "Try again next year". Then they bought several thousand dollars worth of equipment they didn't need, fired an employee that had been working there for 20 years, and then replaced him with some scraggly looking guy who worked for just above minimum wage.

So I guess the moral of this story is never live in a right-to-work state and death to neo-liberal scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU