Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Hardon Collider
Nov 28, 2005

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB

corkskroo posted:

But the move has nothing to do with anything. The raise should be based on your performance and based on what the industry supports for your work. You can live in a fur house or a cardboard box and that your business, not your boss'. Make the case based on professional factors, not personal ones. Do you have any research into the salary range for your work?

Wrong guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Hardon Collider
Nov 28, 2005

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB
I’m looking for a product manager role in tech. If I’m planning to stay with my current company until June 1 for vesting reasons, when is the earliest I should start applying to other positions?

I assume that smaller companies are probably looking to staff up for a specific project, so they won’t be willing to wait more than a month. But can I start applying sooner to big companies that have dozens of projects going?