Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I just tested this and moved my 25 warrior to Mount Tyrannas. The box that pops up says the restriction is still level 40, but it let me go ahead and do it anyway. When I selected my 17 Berserker, it said it was unavailable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It does mention a 30-day cooldown.

I think I'll need to start packing stuff for the transfer from my bank. I had an entire page almost filled with crafting crap.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Is it still possible to get the Tawny pack keys? I'd just want the reversed one.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Feb 13, 2013

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Carecat posted:

Is it still possible to get the Tawny pack keys? I'd just want the reversed one.
All physical keys are valid as Tawny pack keys when reversed.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I moved my 21 Sorcerer over and in the first five minutes was killed by another player.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It looks like they loosened the restriction because they're opening another server.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I moved my 21 Sorcerer over and in the first five minutes was killed by another player.

Were you in channel 1?

I don't think my 42 sorcerer has ever been killed by another player. Stepped on by plenty of BAMs, but not another player.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is there a significant stat difference in race/class selections? Still letting the client download, going to try looking for a box at best buy after work tonight. This game looks really fun.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there a significant stat difference in race/class selections? Still letting the client download, going to try looking for a box at best buy after work tonight. This game looks really fun.

There is obviously a difference between the classes, but all races can be any class. The races all have some racial abilities, but this is not something you should worry about. The hit box is not entirely the same either, but I have not experienced this being a problem at all.

You should pick the class you enjoy playing the most and the race you think suits it best.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Whenever you teleport/enter a zone it usually puts you in Channel 1, make sure to move out of it if you don't wanna get ganked.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Alavaria posted:

Actually, this reminds me of something. Looking at the forums is confusing because this was something that is different between the NA and Korean versions of Tera. Namely, the hitbox normalization - I've seen people say either way on the whole "blocking hitbox" vs "being hit hitbox".

According to my understanding, these aren't the same, which makes sense, since blocking also depends on facing. But when they normalized the Elin/Popori "being hit" hitboxes to the size of humans/elves, they apparently did not do so to the "blocking" hitbox, which means there's an area ahove your head where you can be hit (in the air) but cannot block, because your hitbox for the blocking move does not go that high.

Can anyone with some experience with an Elin/popori (both were renormalized) tell me if you've experienced something like that?

Little late in answering this (thread is moving fast!) but i was experiencing this last night when tanking Cultist Refuge on my popori lancer last night. On the last boss, i could block every attack he threw at me except his charge forward attack. He would just run over me every time no matter if my shield was up or not.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Beach Party posted:

Little late in answering this (thread is moving fast!) but i was experiencing this last night when tanking Cultist Refuge on my popori lancer last night. On the last boss, i could block every attack he threw at me except his charge forward attack. He would just run over me every time no matter if my shield was up or not.

Must be popori only then, I've never had any trouble with my High Elf or Elin.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
My friend wants to play mystic, who should I choose to go with her? I was thinking lancer to make getting dungeons easier?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Beach Party posted:

Charge attacks cannot be blocked because BAMs are able to walk through you and then hit you when they are behind you knocking you over. You can counter this by tanking with your back to a wall, or dodging to the side and having them shoot away (not a good choice unless soloing)

Wall tanking example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7GSysjt-B4&t=263s
Side dodge example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TbPPt20Adk&t=255s

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Carecat posted:

My friend wants to play mystic, who should I choose to go with her? I was thinking lancer to make getting dungeons easier?

The best advice anyone can give you is to play the class that suits you best. The classes in Tera are very different from eachother. Much more different than in many other MMOs.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Welp, didn't know that there were racial abilities. But no biggie at least for a human they can multiclass pretty well.

Racial skills

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Chillyrabbit posted:

Welp, didn't know that there were racial abilities. But no biggie at least for a human they can multiclass pretty well.

Racial skills

They are all on a one hour cooldown, this shouldn't really be taken into account when choosing a race. You'll regret it.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
Wait a minute but some of them say passive?
Indomitable Spirit 1 Passive When HP is below 30%, you take 10% less damage from other players.

Nomadic Crafter 1 Passive Increases crafting speed for light armor by 10%.

Resilience of Body 1 Passive Heals you continuously after you're resurrected.

I know that the resilience only works when you die, but does that mean if I use indomitable spirit, it takes an hour for it to be used again?

Like drop below 30% go up to say 60% in 10 minutes then drop back down to 30% in less than an hour?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Chillyrabbit posted:

Wait a minute but some of them say passive?
Indomitable Spirit 1 Passive When HP is below 30%, you take 10% less damage from other players.

Nomadic Crafter 1 Passive Increases crafting speed for light armor by 10%.

Resilience of Body 1 Passive Heals you continuously after you're resurrected.

I know that the resilience only works when you die, but does that mean if I use indomitable spirit, it takes an hour for it to be used again?

Like drop below 30% go up to say 60% in 10 minutes then drop back down to 30% in less than an hour?

They are not going to make a difference for you, it'll depend on skill entirely. You'll regret basing your race off these racial abilities. But it's a plus of course if you like the abilities of your race.

Extra note: The animations differ between the races, keep this in mind too. It's a good idea to look into this too, to find something you're comfortable playing with.

Phosphia fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 13, 2013

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Argas posted:

It looks like they loosened the restriction because they're opening another server.
Luckily we updated/got a new thread, otherwise some goons might have followed the old info and rolled on Valley of Titans.

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 13, 2013

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Velveteen posted:

Charge attacks cannot be blocked because BAMs are able to walk through you and then hit you when they are behind you knocking you over. You can counter this by tanking with your back to a wall, or dodging to the side and having them shoot away (not a good choice unless soloing)

Wall tanking example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7GSysjt-B4&t=263s
Side dodge example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TbPPt20Adk&t=255s
This is one of the reasons (as well as not moving the mob) why you might want to tank with your back against something immoveable. Not rotating the mob is also a plus. (If it walks over you and turns around, your DPS are now right in front of it instead of behind ... for melee DPS, welp)

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
You really aren't going to notice that 10% reduction since most the time you're knocked under 30% in PvP you'll be dead in the next 2 seconds. It's still SOMETHING over other races, but it's a very minute bonus. Also important to note, Aman have practically the same racial with the added bonus of reducing damage from all sources by 10% when under 30% HP instead of just players. Though really if you're worried about that sort of thing I was say take Baraka, at least a full heal once an hour will make a difference when you use it, even if it's up infrequently. For PvE min/maxing castanic get a 1% increased crit chance when attacking from the back (which Tera is WAY more strict about than say WoW is, you have to literally be putting your weapons up it's rear end, not just in the back 50% of the circle) but even that is not too noticeable.

Pick a race off appearance, you'll be much happier in the end. The skill ceiling in this game is so much higher than WoW that you won't see a 1% race bonus at all. You can just be that much more smug when you crap all over people with your Popori (racial skill-wise the worst choice, though arguably the best in appearance) Catte King.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yeah the racials are completely forgettable in this game. Anything that's on a 1 or 2 hour cooldown is hardly worth throwing on your bar. For the one single time that your high elf desperately needs a full mana bar RIGHT NOW you'll probably have forgotten that you have that skill anyway, because you never use it. I wish they'd gone with something more interesting, like a short mana regen per second buff that's only on a few minutes cooldown, or similar. Any long cooldown or extremely rare use skill is going to be something that gamers inevitably save for the right moment, which never comes.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp
Oh I know of course, I already have a human male lancer, which im pretty happy with its racial perks. But if I make an alt I'll put a secondary consideration of the racial stats after a loving cool avatar.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I have an elf, human, and an elin and I haven't used a single cast-able racial once. Mostly because its on a one hour cooldown and I never cast because I forget I even have it. And secondly its not really important enough to fit on my completely full skill bar. Just pick a race for looks.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I thought Popori just looked like raccoons or whatever. I then went into the Popori character creator to actually see what they were.

Oh my word. I have never been so wrong.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Thievery posted:

I thought Popori just looked like raccoons or whatever. I then went into the Popori character creator to actually see what they were.

Oh my word. I have never been so wrong.

If you make a popori make sure the tails match. Don't make like a ferret popori with a stupid raccoon tail. That totally doesn't fit and drives me crazy.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

If you make a popori make sure the tails match. Don't make like a ferret popori with a stupid raccoon tail. That totally doesn't fit and drives me crazy.

There isn't a ferret tail! IT DOESN'T EXIST!

e: also the skinny tails do not fit fluffy Poporis :colbert:

Eigo fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 13, 2013

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
I never thought I'd be saying this about a game, but Popori definitely lack selection for tails. Also, facial hair. :mad:

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Velveteen posted:

I'm gonna make a pug popori with a cat tail.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Alavaria posted:

This is one of the reasons (as well as not moving the mob) why you might want to tank with your back against something immoveable. Not rotating the mob is also a plus. (If it walks over you and turns around, your DPS are now right in front of it instead of behind ... for melee DPS, welp)

I have brought up an issue I had with this in the previous thread. But here is the issue I seem to get when I try to get myself back up against a wall: I get into situation where my whole view is taken up by the BAM and I can't see a thing, needless to say I miss all the tells.

I think it is because in those cases, I am somewhat under the BAM and my camera can't decide what zoom level to use, so my view is literally akin to having the BAM sit on my face and the only thing that I can see is the texture of its butt...

This is not a FOV issue either. :/

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
How long should I stick with a class to get a feel of how they will play? Will playing the prologue give me a general idea of what later levels will feel like?

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

crazkylo posted:

How long should I stick with a class to get a feel of how they will play? Will playing the prologue give me a general idea of what later levels will feel like?

Yes, but only a very general idea. You should research a bit too, some classes first get 'normal' once you get the right glyphs or get a bit higher level.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
:siren: For anyone looking for a hard copy of the game still :siren:

I just checked and BestBuy has more copies for online order. They didn't yesterday when I checked but now they do. No clue how many copies they have, and they have a 1 per order limit, so got mine. $20 free shipping.

Edit: Looks like out of stock again, but may be worth checking periodically.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 13, 2013

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I have an elf, human, and an elin and I haven't used a single cast-able racial once. Mostly because its on a one hour cooldown and I never cast because I forget I even have it. And secondly its not really important enough to fit on my completely full skill bar. Just pick a race for looks.

I find my self using the "Teleport to Velika" skill quite often, saves on the boring bird flights.

RubyX
Apr 10, 2010
Fallen Rib
I find it interesting that everyone seems to be saying lag isn't much of an issue. Did something change in the last few months? Because when I tried to play on a US server (from EU), it felt just about unplayable. Unless they fixed it since then, ping directly affects your attack speed (with 200 ms basically adding a 200 ms gap after every attack, which is insane)...

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Just applied to DGKK as Garfield, a bit surprised that the name wasn't taken for a Lord Catte.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

lethial posted:

I have brought up an issue I had with this in the previous thread. But here is the issue I seem to get when I try to get myself back up against a wall: I get into situation where my whole view is taken up by the BAM and I can't see a thing, needless to say I miss all the tells.

I think it is because in those cases, I am somewhat under the BAM and my camera can't decide what zoom level to use, so my view is literally akin to having the BAM sit on my face and the only thing that I can see is the texture of its butt...

This is not a FOV issue either. :/

It depends on the walls, some are see through, while some zooms you in on crotch. Its all trial and error to see which walls are tankable at. If there isn't a choice you'll just have to tank by sound.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RubyX posted:

I find it interesting that everyone seems to be saying lag isn't much of an issue. Did something change in the last few months? Because when I tried to play on a US server (from EU), it felt just about unplayable. Unless they fixed it since then, ping directly affects your attack speed (with 200 ms basically adding a 200 ms gap after every attack, which is insane)...

Some people might get better performance. While ping will definitely affect how fast you press buttons to fire off skills, it's primarily the Archer that suffers from this, having two abilities where you rapidly hit a key to keep firing projectiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah the only class really affected by it is archer. Every other class wont have that much of an issue since you wont be using your basic attack a whole lot.

• Locked thread