Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Even low-level stuff can be fun:

Like Bunbun stew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Somehow, even though the ping is pretty high, the actual "feel" of the combat is extremely smooth on both sides. All hits feel pretty accurate and fast-paced dueling I have no problems other than my own failure to connect hits as a slayer. (Goddammit overhand strike! :argh:)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

tearshed posted:

Also the experience of [Area] chat in the starting area (1-10) is so extremely Barrens Chat-like. No wait, it's worse :nms:

Every day area/global chat.

I am kinda glad it gets better in later areas, but there's always going to be some idiot who brings it in that direction again. And it happens all the time, so you eventually start thinking you're at fault if you ever write in area chat.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Guild master turned kinda creepy today.

Other members were disturbed by his behavior and are still nice though, but I'm gonna stay on the ready to drop this if it gets too weird.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
They have a TeamSpeak server.

I need to investigate how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Tomorrow. For now I need to sleep on this.

cathead posted:

You can't just say that and then not tell us what happened!

If you really feel you are ready for it.

It started innocuously enough, just normal small-talk and teasing about eating a fellow popori, jokingly. Then suddenly across the guild chat the guild leader molested the nipples of one of the other guildies. Silence struck across the channel and only shocked faces were posted. The target participated in what I can only assume was a way to sate the aggressive approach of their leader. I called them out on their hypocrisy. It fell on deaf ears and was subsequently drowned out in feeble attempts at humor and then silence.

Then today. The guild master led a provocatively offending conversation. I let it slide, passing it off as a momentary loss of control of hormones and a lack of proper vent-age. Then they went into proper detail of licking "Elin Honey" and I couldn't stay silent any more. I called him out on his perversion. He didn't respond. I didn't let the conversation drop. I challenged him on grounds of being a creepy gently caress.

Turns out it's actually a she. And she is actually homosexual. I wasn't prepared for that avenue. It's still creepy, but it was too late, I had gone out on the wrong threshold. I tried to deny it to be true, but someone I trust more than her confirmed her identity.

I decided to pursue the obvious. I had miscalculated. She had no shame. To spare the other guild members a discussion that would ultimately just run trite, I decided to stop arguing in this pointless fashion.

Investigating TeamSpeak is my next option if I care to.

Thoughts goons? Mind you, this isn't a serious guild and the rest of the members are more tolerable, but I don't have any idea how to approach this, like at all.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 12, 2013

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
^^ Make sure you read my old post again, I updated it!

KaneTW posted:

I just thought you were talking about me and went "wait, what? I didn't even log on today"

No, I'm on Celestial Hills, trying a random guild there.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Small update; My friends have had it with creepiness from guild leader, so we've decided to leave it today.

Means I'll probably skip the TeamSpeak server thing since I don't have it installed. I'll make sure to copy it so I still have it though, if someone can think of something funny to do with it.

I don't want a goon-rush though, because I still think some of the guild members are genuinely nice and non-creepy.

We'll probably just try some other guild, unless someone has an idea that proves more funny.

EDIT: I don't regret anything, because I laughed so hard at certain points of this guild, it was totally worth it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I would, but we're playing on a different server. Is changing of servers that easy to do?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Are you level 40, not in a guild and do you have less than 10k gold? Then yes you can transfer from anything to anywhere. VoT restrictions are even less severe.

Well...

I'm almost level 30, gonna drop the guild anyway and I have less than 100 gold. So welp. :v:

The level thing is the problem or just better?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Hmm... This thingie is saying level 20 is the restriction tho.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It does mention a 30-day cooldown.

I think I'll need to start packing stuff for the transfer from my bank. I had an entire page almost filled with crafting crap.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh well.

Friends didn't want to transfer because they don't like PvP stuff and they wanna try roleplay.

Had some stuff happen in real life today, so I didn't get to do much with the guild business, though I did tell the guild leader how lovely I thought it was and she promised to tone it down.

I'll give it a few days.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

tearshed posted:

Warringah mall/Brookvale/Sydney/NSW

When I went looking for Tera copies on the EB website a few days ago, the website said they had limited stock. Now it's in stock? Dunno. I also called the day before I picked it up to reserve a copy. Also Tera is the 2nd best selling pc game according to EB :psyduck:

Anyway, call before you go in to see if they have any in stock.

I guess it is hard to sell physical copies of games in this day and age where Steam is a thing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Velveteen posted:

This is genius. Make founders skip queue, have a long queue because founders keep skipping ahead of f2p people. People get fed up and buy up all remaining unsold copies of Tera. Extra profit!

Me and Bunbun are very happy we bought the game after BETA now. :v:

<<<<: Someone sure is upset that I have a problem with my guild.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 14, 2013

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I love that skill and being able to read the boss pattern is the difference between success and failure more than your level is.

Even if level is a very good help, it's always fun to solo a basilisk. While level 17.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

One thing I am starting to dislike about it, is how dense the mobs seem to be. I'm currently fighting Deveas in Oblivion Woods, and it seems that I am getting more unwanted mobs because I happen to sidestep a bit too far when trying to get out of the way of an attack. If it is much worse after this, I am not sure if I can handle it.

Oblivion Woods is kinda early on.

I reckon the problem you have with the Deveas is that they take more than a single hit from you. If you just do all the quests, you'll eventually out-level your area by a ton (especially if you start helping people do BAM's like basilisks or BOL for a few weeks) and then you'll be swiping encounters like that with one hit and it will just feel so good.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

BobTheJanitor posted:

In case people hadn't noticed it, the founder gift of fake money for the in-game store showed up a few days ago. I can't find anything worth buying with 550 funbux though. Time limited costumes and mounts are the stupidest thing. Are any of the RNG boxes worth buying? Or maybe I should just get keys and continue to throw them on the trade broker for 100g each. Although the Valentines event has kind of overflowed the market on those.

From my experience with dyes in game, it isn't a flat 7 days period and then the item is gone, it's 7 days played in-game. Or at least, I think it is.

The 550 extra EMP was what I needed to buy another set of outfits. I really wish it had more variety though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sadly, I don't think I have this code, as I ordered it online, as I live in Europe and all. :smith:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

FirstPersonShitter posted:

How does the whole armour remodelling thing? I want to use my low level armour as my appearance because my new armour is ugly as poo poo, how do I do it?

There's a merchant in the western flank of Velika, that allows you to replace this, at the cost of a few silvers or coppers.

You can also buy dyes here if you wanna try a new color combination for your clothes.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

BobTheJanitor posted:

So it's either subscribe to the game or play a crippled demo version, basically? Terrible. Makes me really glad of Tera's F2P model. Hell that almost entices me to buy a few more months of subscription to Tera just to reward them for doing it right, when such an atrocious example of how to do it wrong exists in SWTOR.

The worst of it is that this is exactly the kind of bad publicity that SWTOR really didn't need to survive, considering how much money they invested into an MMO that ended up not paying back the revenue lost.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

w00tazn posted:

I think Enmasse messed up when they were designing this armor for High Elf Plate back in the day. :V
At least it's slightly better than the gold bikini I was rocking.

Holy hell, less armor really IS more Armor Class in TERA. :allears:

megalodong posted:

You're really bothered by this whole elin censoring thing aren't you.

I'm European, so maybe my standards are different, but I don't really get what the hell they censored. To me, it just looks like they have some kind of aversion to belly-buttons.

I mean, if it was actually explicit I could see it, but as it is they just went from "not how I'd dress up my daughter" to "not how I'd dress up my daughter 2".

EDIT: vvvvv In that case, I'd argue maybe they did too little censoring of them, but that's maybe just me.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 27, 2013

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, they are down a bit, probably going for maintenance. Time to go back to some XCOM.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

GaylordButts posted:

You can lose crystals for PvP deaths? I didn't think that was the case.

Any death seems to trigger it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Velveteen posted:

Are we getting pets?!

Now I just wanna know what kind of pets we're getting.

Gonna need to compete with this (aside from not participating in battle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqebKltkEWA

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This company throws the best events.

quote:

All prizes will be doubled if the winning character is wearing green somewhere.

:allears:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So beautiful.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Shrimp hat is a must-have for me.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Grogsy posted:

Did not understand anything that was said, but I'm pretty sure I just spoiled me some Tera story :^)

Don't worry, it doesn't make any loving sense in game.

At least I could never figure out heads or tails of it. poo poo just seems to happen at random and then you get a cut-scene and then you're supposed to be in an ambush and then nothing happens at gently caress all.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

At least you didn't get to see the daily Elin lactation discussion.

Developers totally asked for it when they decided to translate a quest into loving "Elin Honey".

Don't Google that, because fans have gone wild with it. And this is why I don't have global on anymore.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
NCSoft logo, Enmasse is now crying. :smith:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

(Priests are harder to kill, Mystics make you want to rip your eyeballs out because gently caress their CC)

I can only imagine it is kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ka0reL8hzs&t=14s

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Half of my fun in this game has been either sitting in crowded areas with a friend, both of us on horses mashing space over and over again while chuckling like idiots on Skype.

A thousand times this.

Also guild dramas, but you kinda stop caring about that after the third guild you join turns out to be creepy.

We just gotta make our own, I think.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This game never really informed me how important enchanting gear would be to having fun. I don't think this thread did either.

I hit around level 40 on my slayer and noticed leveling got really slow and playing got kinda bothersome.

Then someone in my new guild decided to inform me about "how to really play the game". So, according to her, I should make sure I have the latest epic gear for my level, make sure it is enchantable and at least bring everything up to +6, while using the stuff I find on quests as fodder to make my epics more powerful.

And it made the game instantly more fun, albeit I made the mistake of reading what my items were and thus have two non-enchantable gears on me, but live and learn.

Also, selling everything on the broker seems like a good idea.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Tensei posted:

It depends on how much money you have to blow.

I was very active during the Valentine quest which meant a lot of keys. :hist101: :love:

Keys meant a lot of gems. Gems means money. :eng101:

Money means awesome gear for me now. :science:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So, I tried my hand at the contest they are running right now, but I'm a bit scared of posting the result here. :ohdear:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Noone else tried their hand at the contest? Just me, then? :ohdear:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

tearshed posted:

It would probably help if you described "the contest".

I have no idea what events are going on unless people mention them here because I never check the enmasse page nor pay attention to the launcher.

Huh, I guess I'm the only one reading it while it checks for patches. My friends didn't see it either until I pointed it out to them.

Master the Dark Arts contest

Which is basically an art contest, where you may use any manner of artistic insight to represent the "dark side" of your character. The reward is basically a unique wepaon-skin, which range from awful to kinda funny.

You are given pretty free reign in terms of using screenshots, drawing or photoshop editing to represent the darkside of your character.

It doesn't make mention of how many can win or anything, so I assume they'll pick people who put in some effort.

To participate, it must be your own character and it must be showing his/her dark side.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Buhbuhj posted:

How did these terrible people find this thread lately?

Probably always lurking, explaining why I got that avatar a few months back.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I figure I might as well submit this here now, that the contest is almost over anyway.

I would say I'm not looking for critique, but I am more curious if you think I hit the mark with the contest or missed a mile wide.

I know it isn't that great: Contest entry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Always at least bring everything through the broker once. Sometimes you can even put up white items worth a decent gold or a green item that you could vendor for a few silver selling for roughly 50 gold on the broker.

Crystals that drop are always better than what you can find in stores too. If you can solo some BAMs, the often drop them, I've found.

• Locked thread