Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Eltoasto posted:

Is there a wardrobe or transmuting option in Tera? So you can wear something you like the look of no matter it's level? Also, thinking about trying this out and wondering about transfer options. Worried about a PVP server with long queues, could I theoretically level up on a pve server and then transfer over to be with the goons? Or is ganking while leveling not much of a concern?

Yes but it's relatively expensive (Not so much that you can't do it, but more that it'll eat into your funds if you keep doing it a lot of times) and eats the armor you're taking the aesthetics from. Great once you hit 60 and/or get a full set of gear that you're satisfied with and don't feel like jumping into another gear grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It looks like they loosened the restriction because they're opening another server.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RubyX posted:

I find it interesting that everyone seems to be saying lag isn't much of an issue. Did something change in the last few months? Because when I tried to play on a US server (from EU), it felt just about unplayable. Unless they fixed it since then, ping directly affects your attack speed (with 200 ms basically adding a 200 ms gap after every attack, which is insane)...

Some people might get better performance. While ping will definitely affect how fast you press buttons to fire off skills, it's primarily the Archer that suffers from this, having two abilities where you rapidly hit a key to keep firing projectiles.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, my wallpapers are currently just TERA screenshots I took back while I was leveling (Often holding up goons in some dungeons cause I wanted the perfect shot) and shortly before Something Terable died from inactivity.

I only just noticed the face in the tree in the first shot.

The game is beautiful but a lot of the world is just a shell and even in the places where you can go into a building, they're usually much less interesting/enjoyable.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Priests are better for "oh poo poo." This means they're probably better when you're learning a dungeon. Still great afterwards because you can take more risks, make more mistakes, or get lazy. Dodge? Pfft, keep the priest busy.

Mystics have a bit of a harder time keeping you alive but if that's not an issue, their buffs mean you'll be doing a great deal more damage. Mystic balls can also be very useful if you can pepper the field with them before the fight. Still useful if they can't. Mana balls will always be loved, especially by ranged DPS since the Mystic can just keep them fed by plopping a ball by them.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Of the three, Suryati is probably the hardest because one of the bosses literally plays with your expectations and it can take forever if nobody looks it up. My personal favorite is Sigil Adstringo because that final boss is so satisfying to fight once you have the mechanics nailed down.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I just love how as people start defending what happened, the only thing he can say is "ARE RIGHTS"

I mean, it's not like DGKK dug up some super secret Vanarchy menu. It's there. It does nothing on a PVE server, it does something on a PVP server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

This is the secondary vanarchy where you guys have done this, right?

Kind of funny that they think they can vote you out. They can only vote someone in, not out.

• Locked thread