Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So i decided to give this game a shot today. Questions:
how do i scale certain UI elements (without scaling everything,) like the chat and the "mini" map (that takes up a quarter of the screen) They are both too big for my liking

also how do i make the little fairy that pops up and bothers me go away

Skwee fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

AzureSkys posted:

I don't have access to it at the moment, but under the options and UI settings you there's a drop-down to choose various elements and scale them to their own size. Took me a while to notice it, too.
I think the chat, though, has to be scaled through the chat tab settings, at least for text size. You can grab the bottom right corner of the chat box to size it, too.

Staying true to the thread title, I've given up after 120 tries to masterwork my new t7 weapon with no luck and about 10k gold spent. Lost about 20k to Bamaram, too.

Rng...

Ah, thanks for the info. I was trying to grab the side or top right of the chat.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

THE loving MOON posted:

Sorta thinking about giving this a shot. The last 'MMO' I played was PSO2, and aside from nostalgia I liked it for it's fast paced Action-RPG combat. As far as I can tell, there's nothing else out there but Tera that offers that kind of gameplay. So question- I love comically oversized weapons. Are the Slayer and Gunner classes easy enough to jump into?

I recently started playing this game too, just a few days ago. I chose gunner as my first character, and I have to say it is a lot of fun. I just reached level 20, and am enjoying it.

Interesting to note that you can only play a gunner if you are a female castanic, or a female elf. Not that I'm complaining.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So what is the point of this stamina system? I see literally no point to it. Maybe to force you to take a break in real life or something?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Anyone have any clue why my character doesn't show up as being on a server for the server selection screen? It shows no characters on the server, but if I go to the server it shows my character fine. Also if I go to the server transfer web page it doesn't show up in the server either, but other random low level characters I have all show up on that web page as well as on the server selection screen showing (1) or (2) depending. Like if I make a new character on the server my main character is on it only shows (1) even though there are 2 characters.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
if i delete all of the characters on a server, do my bank items stay in the bank, or do they magically disappear

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Can someone explain to me what naturetune naturebeat and naturetrill are? Like for the boxes you can buy with sandcastle medallions. I have no clue what I should get or what the difference is

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I've only gotten to do it twice so far (from leveling) 1st time I got a plaid gamekeeper's hat (flat cap thing) and the second time I got 50 extensive alkahest that I don't know what to do with. Probably just save them?

Skwee fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 8, 2015

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Cardboard Box posted:

so does this game have a giant memory leak or something? i started playing and have been having fun but after an hour or so i always have to restart the client because the game progressively slows down to the point where it becomes entirely unplayable.

No trouble running for hours on end here

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Ah, yeah I disabled that right away too because my joystick was causing my mouse to move constantly.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Are you sure there even is one?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Cardboard Box posted:

wow i really wish i had used my three elite status days to teleport around to every town so i could get the faster mount :doh:

oh is that a thing..? whelp.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i play on highwatch cuz i got tired of pvp server stuff like always having to switch channel when I just want to relax and level (which was all of the time cuz I am new to the game)

also i like watching netflix on my 2nd monitor while playing which isn't very good for a pvp environment where you gotta have your head on a swivel.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
yeah definitely use the gold every 10 minutes, until you can't stack any more.

Also not sure if this is a recommended server thing or what, since I know I didn't get it when I tried playing on tyrannis, but when I rerolled on a new server that was recommended, at certain levels I got some free packages that had 24 hour 100% play-time boosts (so it didn't go down when you weren't online)

Perhaps some event was going on when I happened to decide to reroll on a different server, or recommended servers give you free poo poo.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

KaneTW posted:

Gee, I dunno, maybe there's something in the OP about it..?

As far as I can tell, all that the OP says about NFA is that a bunch of goons are in it, but it isn't actually a goon guild; Logically I would assume that there is no requirement for someone to note in their application that they are a goon, since the guild itself is not a goon guild.

So, perhaps there is actually nothing in the OP about it..?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Anatharon posted:

Seems they've officially announced Brawler now, though no date yet.

for western countries? or just the announcement i already saw?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Yeah gunner is OP. Fun though.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I thought his post was satire, like he read in the patch notes or somewhere that it doesn't work on XP anymore and was making a joke about it or something.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Groggy nard posted:

It's probably a bad idea to compare EVE Steam to Tera Steam because almost everyone knows how terribad EVE Steam accounts are nowadays and aren't worth the discount past initial account time and then a character transfer to an actually decent multiboxable account.

i dont know what you are talking about at all actually cuz i stopped trying to EVE after eve-goons rejected me and told me to post more even though I had been active in a goon guild in Rift for a year or two (was in the raid group).

Maybe i should feel flattered that they thought I could be a spy or some sperg poo poo like that, but they also caused me to never get into the game cuz I couldn't play that boring poo poo by myself, so maybe I should be thankful as well. Also played extensively with goons in other games as well (War thunder comes to the to top of my list).

still, i didn't know till like yesterday that "punch the gently caress out of people" chick was released in this. That's pretty sweet. Never joined up with goons in this game though. I think I tried joining a goon guild but never had a response so I hosed off to a different server.

Y'all motherfuckers who decide to make and rule guilds in the name of goons should be more active or gently caress off. I am not interested in your disinterest, even if I become disinterested in a few months.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Bingemoose posted:

wait what. When did they reject you?

also eve is dying i just unsubbed about 15 accounts the other day.

join No Fun allowed there is always people online.

Eh, it was a few years ago now most likely. Just a little bitter because I would have just not bought the game if I knew i wasn't going to be able to play with goons

But yeah maybe I'll check out no fun allowed. Probably not though, already have a bunch of purchased character slots and fairly high level characters on another server.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Carecat posted:

A really cheap looking Counter Strike clone is the second highest earning F2P game?

yeah and tera is in the pay 2 play category. something is pretty off with this chart.

same as sw:tor, that isn't a p2p game anymore either, not for a long time.

And WoW takes up 2 slots in the p2p category.

Bingemoose posted:

there is the groons too who dont care and are also goons, or clockwork pineapple they are more chill than the own all space goons.

Yeah it's all a bit too late now. Not sure I will be interested in that game ever again, or if I am ever interested in it again, whether it will be active. Although it is a pretty unique game.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 18, 2015

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Comradephate posted:

Just started, am enjoying punching everything forever while wearing, inexplicably, a metal thong. Also enjoying how many brawlers have "Vi" in their name and think they are being clever.

A couple of questions: Is there a way to make it stop putting me in loving channel 1 all the time and/or is there a macro of some kind I can make to just mash a button and go to an actual good channel?

Similarly, how do I turn off all of the help tips? I have all of the help boxes unchecked in the options, but it still tells me to press K every time I level up and a bunch of other useless garbage like how to use a teleporter all the time.

what is that a reference to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
oops wrong thread, but what is bns

e: oh blade and soul. What's the draw of this game?

Skwee fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 12, 2016

• Locked thread