Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've heard fun things about this game. Would you guys suggest it? I mean it's F2P now so I might as well I guess...

Any class suggestions? I feel like if the combat's such a cool system I should be melee to take full advantage of it, but who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Monster Hunter is kind of the vibe the game gave me from what I've seen. I'm thinking Zerker or warrior, they seem pretty fun too.

Also, is there an SA guild and how active is it? That usually determines whether or not I play a game, I need me some community.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Sounds good to me. I'll DL it tonight and play tomorrow after school and work.

Edit: I'm thinking sorc or priest. Any suggestions?

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 24, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Okay, made a priest on mt tyrannus and applied to the guild. This is fun so far.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I can't decide between berserker, warrior, or slayer. I like the idea of berserker but I'm wondering if there are better options...pros/cons of each? I won't tank so it's just about DPS.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Sync posted:

On a basic level, berserker has only a couple of very hard hitting abilities that you charge and see really big numbers. They have a block and their only iframe is very difficult to use, so your block is your main defensive mechanic. Also lots of temporary self buffs.

Warriors hit for smaller numbers but with significantly higher frequency. A big scythe or blade draw crit can still hit very high though; this is probably the hardest class to play but probably has the capacity to do the most DPS in my opinion. This class has a ton of iframes. Also worth noting is that this class has 2 stances, assault stance is DPS mode and defense stance is tank mode, in which you have a block that you don't have access to in assault stance.

Slayer is a middle ground. No block, but 2 iframes, 1 of which has a very long cooldown and the other is a few seconds or so. Their dps is somewhat bursty in that you have a few very hard hitting abilities that fall somewhere between a warrior and berserker in terms of damage and frequency.

All of the DPS classes in this game are pretty balanced in PvE when played well. They are really all viable which is something that I very much like. PvP is totally different though; if you want to PvP I can safely recommend you just literally just roll a lancer and enjoy how hopelessly broken overpowered your class is.

Ah. I ended up trying Archer and I like it. Not sure how combos come into play but I assume they will once I get more skills.

I want a snowsuit. They look cool. How do I get them? I realize it's August, but you never know.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Boy I haven't played this in...a while. Might start again.

I think the last thing that happened once I started playing was they had just introduced Reaper. Any new classes?

I never did get to endgame so I don't know what's different there but Iv'e always enjoyed tera (except for all the elins) but I might try it again, i love the combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Race locking I can understand, but gender locking seems...weird. Why can't I punch things as a giant rock monster?

• Locked thread