Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm about to hit 20 and questing is boring as gently caress is there any reason for me to not just grind dungeons or whatever to hit cap? Am I missing out on anything significant by not questing through every zone?

Finding random people who don't realize what "PvP Server" means who are questing solo and telling them something like "HEY KIDS WANNA SEE A DEAD BODY?!" before going Outlaw and killing them has been a good way for me to make zone questing much more enjoyable, and you can't do that in dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Pierson posted:

Wow, apparently NFA is dead as well now? That's surprising to me, I thought they were the 4chan guild. Are there any guilds on the server either alive or not filled with shitheads?

Touch Fluffy Tail is the 4chan guild that is still alive, but they mostly play the race that we don't talk about here.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
If you ever wanted to just DAKKADAKKADAKKA WAAAUGH in a fantasy MMO, holy poo poo Arcane Engineer at level 8 or so :jebstare:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

chumbler posted:

Only thing missing is a charge up death laser, but from perusing the skill list it looks like I just haven't gotten to it yet.

https://youtu.be/CBLJjLcebPc

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Anatharon posted:

Gunners being pretty rad makes me wonder, what are reapers like? I'll never play one unless other races can be them but I'm curious either way.

Whipsaw is balanced.

Basically Reapers and Gunners have made most other forms of DPS look bad/boring/difficult.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

chumbler posted:

Heavy armor also looks really good in this game, such that it feels like the armor designers spent most of their time on it.

Human male Plate looks like power armor mid to late game, so WH40K fans can pick Berserker/Lancer and pretend to be a big old spess muhreen with a Daemonslaying axe/lance and Pauldrons the size of children.

It worked for Tankred.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
So after trying to do Golden Labyrinth quests three times with IMS groups and rolling sub 30's on every single item drop, and then having the party be disbanded before I could do the storyline quest, I said fuckit and managed to solo Golden Labyrinth and Akasha's Hideout.

Twice :shepface:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

quaunaut posted:

I'm playing a Warrior. I suppose I could hop into tanking- I was wanting to, once I found my feet. I'm just afraid of really screwing the pooch my first run or two.

Warriors get a Defensive stance that lets them block, yes, but the best Tanks I've seen were Warriors who iframe speedtanked BEFORE block was added to the game for warriors. I've also managed to solo dungeons up to Cultists Refuge as a Warrior on Assault stance because :black101:

Gotta go fast!

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
This is a Public Service Announcement! Never ever join a Corsairs Stronghold already in progress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMLphi7HQU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

KaneTW posted:

solo 5man dungeons and get 5 levels in 15 minutes

Not empty quoting.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
All of my favorite Tera moments are from PvP. Never not PvP, be it trolling bads in Corsairsone Priest keeping four Attackers away from the castle and not dying for the entire round despite being attacked by a Mystic, Slayer, Berserker, and Lancer at the same time :psyduck: the big three way GvG battles between NFA, TFT and DGKK of Open Beta, open world killing of BR's, or just you and a friend sitting at a campfire while watching a couple of people fail to kill a single BAM and then mocking them as they ask for a Res The player then watched me and my friend kill the BAM without taking any real damage, Resurrected himself, and came back and begged us to help kill the BAM after we already spent five minutes sitting on his corpse and not helping, and then the poor fellow decided to follow us around without realizing we were out PKing while we were questing :psypop:

Because you don't know hell until you get asked by BR's if "you kills gigant?" and you can't decide to murder their face then and there.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
From what I keep hearing, Gunners do almost as much DPS as a Berzerker(lots and lots), but are going to have some of their more powerful skills(Arcane Barrage, Balders Vengeance) nerfed a decent amount and have Scatter Shot buffed.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Pierson posted:

All TERA classes have at least one way to dodge huge murderdamage and some get several so of course don't expect most players to use any of them except walking.

Underrated post

Flesh Forge posted:

Once while leaving an area on a pegasus flight I looked back and some loving gigantic flying fish/airship thing was coming up on the town I had just left. In scale I would say it was around 150 meters long. What the gently caress.

Those are used as Skycruisers in the endgame for the Valkyon Federation. Fixing the Portal to North Arun(which should probably still be a wasteland after the High Elves just accidentally The Core there that one time) lets you port one in with fresh soldiers in a pretty neat cutscene. One is even used as THE Endgame Dungeon. I've been told that Skycruiser Endeavor Hard Mode is the breaker of IMS groups.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Flesh Forge posted:

One of my characters got a permanent "Teleport to Elfsville" power with an hour long cooldown, where did that come from? The character is high elf but I don't think it's racial?

It is racial, actually. Some get Velika, some get Kaiator, High Elves get Allementhia.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Carecat posted:

Was I supposed to get a diamond in the mail for winning a PVP battleground? Easiest 10k gold.

Yeah, sometimes Battlegrounds will randomly go "WINNER GETS VARIOUS AWESOME THING" right after it starts, Thing ranging from Emeralds, Diamonds, and 10x Battleground credit rewards.

I just wish Kumasylum wasn't poo poo right now, I love slapping Feddies as a giant monster-babby, but apparently everyone else just quits the Kumas team right after the match starts 100% of the time so it's always a forced draw.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Vermain posted:

Mystic is the greatest class and summoning Thrall of Wrath to absolutely smoke whatever you're fighting is the best feeling in the game.

I think Balders Vengeance is right up there with Thrall of Wrath. Especially when you manage to get it through the Inner Gate in Corsairs and blow away a wall of defenders/attackers.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I only found the final quests to be a bit slow to grind through the mobs, but then again my Lancer had a Masterwork +12 Lance that was slightly better than the Level 62 Avatar Weapon, Level 58(?) Attack Speed Scrolls, and Elite Bravery Potions. On my Gunner it was "It's a Gunner everything is easy".

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

https://youtu.be/Uo2NIV3IrMY?t=2m24s

If you are for some reason getting blocked from NA/Steam version someone posted a good guide to get through the NA login via proxy, after the login the game servers themselves just don't care where you are.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Monomythian posted:

Its easier to do good damage as a Gunner but you can potentially do more damage as a Zerker.

Lancers are for crazy players who want to face block 1 hit KO attacks every 5 seconds so don't pick one unless that sounds fun to you. (It's the best though)

I also enjoy chaining multiple players together and then divebombing them with my Shield as a Lancer in Battlegrounds.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Flesh Forge posted:

As my priest comes up on level 60 I keep getting teams of melee DPS dudes who try to aggro as many things as possible, facetank all of it and dodge/block nothing, and then get mad at me because I can't keep all of them on their feet. I'm actually happier with gunners because so far I don't think I've ever had one bitch.

As a Lancer I loving hate these guys. "Oh let me just iframe ahead of you and grab agro on all of this everything PRIEST WHY AM I DYING DO YOUR JOB WHY AREN'T THEY STUCK ON THE TANK YOU SUCK AT LANCER!" :psyboom:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Septimus posted:

PVE server

Why? It's not like you can't avoid openworld PvP on a PvP server with minimal :effort: anyways.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Diaghilev posted:

Just got into the game and it's pretty fun! Sure wish I could make a Baraka gunner. B.A. Barakus, obviously.

Curious, though--if I buy this turbo grimdark permanent axe skin, do I get to swap it around between different weapons, or will I be stuck with it on my bullshit level 12 axe forever if I use it immediately instead of waiting until endgame?

I'm also probably going to chip in for a third character slot. Is there a particularly smart way to buy their premium currency, or is it straightforward?

Weapon Skins don't get bound to weapons, they are a costume slot thing that stays there until you change it for another costume/remove it yourself.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

tyblazitar posted:

Why the +9? I got Ambit boots to +9 and as far as I could see they were still worse than Idoneal. And yeah, I got cheap Discovery boots, but it seems the set bonuses don't really encourage too much mixing of sets?

Also, I can't tell if the pug tanks I play with are terrible or if gunner is just that OP, but considering how I constantly get aggro from every boss in BRNM already, I don't want to think about how that will be if i actually get better gear. Maybe I should have an extra set of lower DPS gear to let the tank try to actually tank.

Skip Ambit entirely and go straight to Discovery is what I keep hearing from endgame content runners, because Ambit is worse than Idoneal unless unless you +12 AND get perfect enigmatic stat rolls, which is more expensive than it's worth.

They also keep saying that you can do any of the endgame content dungeons in Idoneal if you aren't bad/a Lancer trying to keep aggro off of a bunch of +15 Generation geared DPS. I am skeptical about being able to do this in Sky Cruiser Endeavor Hard Mode, but it mostly works for up to Bathysmal Rise Hard Mode in my experience.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

If that's a Human Specific class then we are going to see so many jokes about Humans "Just now being added to/existing in/entering Tera."

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

It's not too bad you can still buy them on the Trade Broker.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

tearshed posted:

One of the most profitable mmos on the market. 2015 october data:

For comparison, 2013 data:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ #36 on steam with 6,500 players. That's just through steam, total population including regular non-steam users would be much higher.

For comparison, EVE online has 22k players online at any on time and only 800 of those are on steam.

It's probably a bad idea to compare EVE Steam to Tera Steam because almost everyone knows how terribad EVE Steam accounts are nowadays and aren't worth the discount past initial account time and then a character transfer to an actually decent multiboxable account.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

OWLS! posted:

Trip report: wow, this game is actually quite a lot of fun, if you don't roll a mystic. I made that mistake a year ago, and then never played because of that. Rolled up a gunner, and been pretty much going hog-wild for three days. Combat is fun as gently caress, game is super pretty, and being able to solo-duo content because you're not braindead and can dodge boss patterns is supremely satisfying.

Chat seems to think that gunner and brawler are the two overpowered classes, but my friend running around as a warrior seems to have about the same luck as I do in terms of wrecking poo poo up, so gently caress listening to chat I guess.

Warriors are really, really good at solo murdering as well, it was possible but difficult before the last few Warrior Buffs because they have so many movement/invincibility frame skills you can tank by dodging all of the time. Now they can do that, AND use the Block skill.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is this game fun? I want a chill mmo to play but i don't know if spamming movement around all the time sounds fun or not.

I guess I should be a little more specific. I always play a heavy armor dude of some sort, or at least melee DPS, are any of those characters decent if this is going to be my first time playing the game?

Lancers and Berserkers use Heavy Armor at melee range and Block instead of dodge/iframe except in rare conditions or in PvP because gently caress STUNCOMBOS, GOD!

Lancers are the tanks while Berserkers use a fuckhuge Axe to deal fuckhuge Criticals, recently got a buff to tanking. Berserkers also play like a Fat Kid in a Ninja Camp, it's hard to catch the scrawny little Ninjas but goddamn if you manage to sit on one they just go splat .

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Bob NewSCART posted:

How do warriors play? Very dodgy/finnicky or what? And how much content is there available that isn't just grinding for enchants and poo poo? Decent amount of goons?

Lots of iframe dodging, a strange smoke clone... thing, and the block skill in Defensive Stance.

I never bothered with blocking on a Warrior though because I just love stabbing poo poo all of the time. You can solo up to the 50's or so easy with iframe dodges(some of them even do damage!) and Avatar weapons alone, but it's far less fun than playing with friends.

Content for me was Big rear end Monsters and Dungeons in general. And finding unsuspecting players and slapping their poo poo. Or getting slapped yourself. It's a huge adrenaline rush.

Goons folded into No Fun Allowed because there weren't quite enough of them for their own guild, I haven't heard any real complaints about the other people in NFA who aren't goons though.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Flesh Forge posted:

Since I don't think that term is used anywhere else

"Invulnerability/Invincibility Frames" I learned it first by talking to people who are much, much better than I ever will be at 2D fighting games.

But that is because I suck horrendously at 2D fighting games, so almost anyone can claim that. I've heard it plenty by tryhards in Tera though. And some in Planetside2 because Medkit spam.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

boho posted:

Anyone got a BuddyUp code they could share?

Anatolia#4073

For Mount Tyrannis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
It's like you haven't even seen human male heavy armor in Tera or something.

• Locked thread