Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

OWLS! posted:

Chat seems to think that gunner and brawler are the two overpowered classes, but my friend running around as a warrior seems to have about the same luck as I do in terms of wrecking poo poo up, so gently caress listening to chat I guess.
I haven't been playing the last few weeks, trying out FFXIV which overall seems more polished and certainly more lively but lacks the fun of combat from TERA... anyway, as of when I left (right after Brawler release) Gunner and Reaper were considered the easiest classes to play, and while Brawler was new it was already considered overpowered. I know a high level gunner who hated the class because he considered it far too easy to play, and from what I saw in dungeon groups, gunners were entirely self sufficient with little effort. I played a ravager and was disappointed at the difficulty in soloing group dungeons - I could take down bosses no problem but overpulls would gently caress me because I swung so slow. Gunners have a pet that heals them, turrets that autofire for massive damage and can gently caress poo poo up from afar. I got the feeling they would only die if they pulled some seriously goofy poo poo just to try it out.

I saw impressive warriors when I played but it seemed to require much more careful and mindful work to accomplish. I was warned that playing a gunner would make other classes seem weak, slow and annoying by comparison. I couldn't really parse what reapers were doing but they were definitely powerful, but maybe someone else can fill you in on them and Brawlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think the term is gaining in popularity, first from fighting games and then also from Action RPGs and certain multiplayer games. TERA was the first time I've heard it used for player moves in an MMO, but I expect to see it more often with other active combat MMOs like Blade and Soul.

I have to assume the 'frame' part of the term comes from obsessive fighting game players counting frames for moves to know exactly which moves can interrupt others so as to nudge your opponents to death with jabs and low kicks.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That goth tween didn't deserve the love of a loyal adorable puppy and got what was coming to her.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

As :psypop: as all of that story is, the part that was really sad for me was the goofy picture that Paesyn draws for Zolyn, it's like something a 5 year old would draw :smith: I don't know why that particular bit made such an impression on me but it did.

The poem made me laugh but the portrait shall forever remain in my inventory as a bittersweet reminder of the beauty of love and the tragedy of love lost~

• Locked thread