Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Some people like to take pictures of their food. (Including me, and 99% of other asian people) Most restaurants don't care and I think that's the way it should be. It's dumb to feel annoyed by this, because eventually we're going to be running live feeds from our eyeballs anyways. Some guy asked a bunch of famous chefs on twitter what they thought, and the general consensus was "they paid, who cares" to "it's good advertisement", with everyone agreeing on "turn your flash off." I really think it's the minority of people who care, and it's really to their detriment.

Here's a good example... I went to a bread counter and wanted to take a photo in order to share with people that I am getting some delicious bread from this delicious place. The moment I pulled my phone out, every employee yelled in unison "no photos!" Congratulations, you just ruined my bread buying experience, and now I am going to tell no one about you. And there was no point in not allowing photos. There's no privacy or distraction issues. I have no idea why they didn't allow photos but it really soured my experience because it was rude and there was no point to it.

The arbitrary distinction between dslr/cameras with a removable lenses and not is stupid too, considering the quality of point & shoots these days (or something like the X100).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread