Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Dorkroom, I'm going after a flash for my T3i next...are there any good sub-$100 ones?

I recall some Chinese knockoffs being posted in the old thread somewhere that were supposedly good basic ones and only $70ish on Amazon, does anyone know which ones I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

How much of an upgrade would this be compared to my Canon Rebel kit lens?

http://frederick.craigslist.org/pho/3841943418.html

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Coloured stage lights in general, but especially LED; couple of the acts I covered last weekend used either bright red or blue spots, the blue is acceptable-ish as you seem to get more defined shadows, but bright red is just awful to process and get anything acceptable back, skin just goes a uniform red with nasty highlights.

Conversely, a nice clean white spot will give you a good photo 9/10 times, the pic I just put in the Portraits thread was just what I like best from stage lighting.

Related; with bright coloured stuff like this, do folks prefer 'realistic' and keep the colours like they actually were, or process them towards a more natural colour?

Actually, the red photo rules pretty hard. It's really unusual and out of the ordinary, like I'm watching a scene from Jabba's Palace or that singer in The Fifth Element. The way it all looks so smooth, combined with the hint of smoke, on top of the unusual skin coloring just sells it more.

• Locked thread