Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Even though I don't really need it, just bought my DSLR! Grabbed a t4i on sale. Time to start shooting weddings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
So imagine my surprise when I open up my new camera box, and instead of the 18-55mm lens I'm expecting it has the 18-135mm lens. Thanks Best Buy! Time to learn how to use this thing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I just recently bought a t4i and am loving it so far. Best Buy still has them on sale for $650, which is what I was finding most t3i's going for new.

I also just found some photography classes that work out with my messed up schedule that I'm going to sign up for so I can actually get better at using it too!

edit: rakuten has the 55-250 for $179 right now. That seems like a really good deal?

fknlo fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 5, 2013

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

blk96gt posted:

I'm also still trying to figure out what lenses to get. I was going to get the 50mm f/1.8 that was recommended earlier, but I'm not sure if the 18-55 or 18-135 kit would be better? About $150 difference. Should I save that $150 and put it towards a Tamron 70-300 VC or something as recommended by Mr. Despair and skip the 55-250?

I believe the 18-55 kit lens is pretty lovely, but I can't say whether it's worth it or not to get the 18-135 kit. I've got it, but it's because Best Buy screwed up and gave me the wrong one. Seems to be a decent lens so far. I do plan on getting the 50mm f/1.8 in the near future.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

evil_bunnY posted:

Yo people need to stop repeating this with no actual experience.

I apologize. Was just going with what I'd heard. lovely was probably the wrong weird to use anyway.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 6, 2013

• Locked thread