Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The OP is probably more helpful than any guide or manual I've read yet, if only I could find more helpful-practical advice rather than empty factual instructions [i'm a newbie, don't quote f-stops at me just yet!]

Brought a Nikon D3100 about a month ago now and absolutely loving it, as usual the internet tells me how to do stuff right, first time around. Loving the challenge of manual mode. Using the newbie kit lens [18-55mm]. I think my next lens will be macro as I love getting close up images with amazing sharpness. Got a tripod yesterday too, so can tell this is going to be a great little hobby to invest in.

Here's a question, more so about law I guess [UK]. I like to write informal reviews about food/restaurants and I like to photograph what I eat and possibly the surroundings if there are no people in the shot. I've been using my iPhone 4 for a quick snap, but now I will possibly bring the SLR.

The iPhone was ok to take snide images because it's quick and easy, but I can imagine the camera will draw attention. I did some very brief googling, but I was wondering where do we stand with photography such as this? It's not of people, merely objects that I am about to devour, or places.

I tried a place today but felt, I dunno, guilty/ naughty for even attempting to take a few shots? MAYBE THEY THINK I'M A TERRORIST? Arrest that man, he's taking pictures of cookies. Certainly interested to hear the score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Headhunter posted:

The worst that can happen is that you'll get kicked out of wherever you're eating. Most places couldn't give a gently caress however.

I thought as much.

Also, is there a a good desktop photo sharing site that's got more of a social thing going for it? I love flickr and it's sets, but I find it's more of a museum than a community/place for inspiration. Love the hell out of instagram for it's snap and tag abilities.

Maybe i'll just keep uploading my junk to flickr and somewhere, somehow someone might stumble across my wittle snaps.

• Locked thread