Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
I had the chance to handle somebody's fancy prosumer Nikon the other day and was amazed at how bright the viewfinder was. I'm using a Canon 450D and it feels all murky and poo poo now. Do newer models in that line have brighter viewfinders or would I want something like a 60D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

Valdara posted:

I say all this to say that I am extremely happy that I have an older, somewhat limited camera, because I'm already taking far better pictures with it than I was with my crap super-zoom P&S a year ago and rather better pictures than the two above-mentioned people are, so it's letting me do my tiny, tiny part in showing people even newer than me to photography that gear does not make the photo. I also feel weird being the "photo expert" for some of my friends because I understand the exposure triangle and own Lightroom.
A willingness to learn and a sense of what makes a good photograph do way more for an amateur than getting better gear. At first I really hated my XSI, but once I learned to use a proper exposure and control the lighting, I'm getting really great images. Better stuff than a lot of the "pro" photographers I've met (but I live in a backwoods). I just want to do this as a hobby, but seeing that I can take good pictures makes me think I ought to find some people willing to pay me so I can at least make up for the cost of my gear. A shame I have no interest in shooting weddings.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
I would get that deal and treat yourself to a Tamron 17-50 or whatever the better than kit lens one is. You're saving money so you might as well throw it all into a better lens.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

fivre posted:

Once something really weird happened where all the light had a pink tint. It was awesome, though I've never seen anything like it again.
It seems to be a lot more common in the American Southwest although I dunno if that's actually true or I just notice it more when I'm there because you get such great views of the horizon.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
My church group used my photos for a bake sale flyer without permission, do I need to file a separate lawsuit for each little old lady who violated my copyright?

• Locked thread