Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valdara
May 12, 2003

burn, pillage, ORGANIZE!
One of my mothers-in-law has a Canon T1i with the 18-55mm and 55-250mm kit lenses. She keeps it on Auto and only considers the 55-250 a REAL zoom lens. She's adorable. I was playing with her camera tonight, and while it has the exact same buttons and layout and feel as my Xsi, the menu is so much more polished and the ISO performance blows mine out of the water. Then I was talking to another friend with the same set of lenses and a T3i going on about how people are giving him poo poo for having a bottom-of-the-line camera. I gave him some product comparisons and showed him that I can get a decent performance out of my much older/lower spec'd camera, so he should not feel in any way bad about his camera nor is it limiting his photography in any way.

I say all this to say that I am extremely happy that I have an older, somewhat limited camera, because I'm already taking far better pictures with it than I was with my crap super-zoom P&S a year ago and rather better pictures than the two above-mentioned people are, so it's letting me do my tiny, tiny part in showing people even newer than me to photography that gear does not make the photo. I also feel weird being the "photo expert" for some of my friends because I understand the exposure triangle and own Lightroom.

Also, MIL loaned me her 55-250mm lens to play with. So that's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valdara
May 12, 2003

burn, pillage, ORGANIZE!

Casu Marzu posted:

:3: Some of my favorite images came from the XSi. I still miss it somedays. Having a lightweight, smaller camera is so nice in some situations.

Thanks again! She's beautiful. And I haven't figured out how/bothered to change the EXIF data, so all the pictures are still credited to you.

Enjoy your new, terrible portfolio!

• Locked thread