Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

So I think this is a begginner question, but I can go somewhere else if it's not...

I'm looking to take some risque pictures of my wife, and I'm not sure where to start.

I have horrid memories of doing this back in college with some $100 P&S with the flash on, so I get nervous thinking about how I'd do it now. I've got a D5100 with a 35/1.8 and 50/1.8, so I think I'm settled in that department. The only thing I'm not sure about is lighting. I'm thinking I'm going to need something like an SB-700 that I can bounce off the ceiling, since I don't want anything too harsh, right?

I've used that *exact* setup. D5100, 35/1.8 and SB700. Bouncing off the ceiling or wall gave pretty good results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

triplexpac posted:

Which one is the zoom kit... the cheaper one?

The one that zooms.

"Canon Rebel T3i 18MP DSLR Camera With 18-55mm IS Lens Kit - $569"

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

mclifford82 posted:

Best Buy is also good for their return policy. Enjoy the new camera :)

As an FYI Best buy changed their return policy from 30 days to 15 days (Reward Zone Silver is still 60 days I believe)

• Locked thread