Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I have a strange issue with Photoshop and perhaps this is the place to post this since I'm getting it with my first DSLR, a Nikon D3200. If not, I'll post elsewhere.

I took photos at a fire spinning jam and wanted to edit this one photo with Photoshop. Here's what a specific part of the photo looks like in Camera Raw with the .NEF version. It also looks like this through Irfanview with the .JPG version of the photo.

The unfortunate part is that when I open up the file inside Photoshop (whether it's the .JPG or from Camera Raw's .NEF) and it looks like this:

So, what the hell is going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

SoundMonkey posted:

Look a bit further up in this thread for the dude who had trouble photographing an LED light - it's probably the same issue. I seem to recall he solved it by changing the camera profile that ACR was using or something like that.

Unless that was in the general questions thread or the Nikon thread in which case holy god I'm useless.
Went to both threads you're talking about and the latest pages have zero mention of "LED." On top of that, I don't know how to change my ACR camera profile. So, consider me still stuck. Blam, problem solved. Thanks a bunch!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 19, 2013

• Locked thread