Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

According to their web site, yes. So you might want to trash those.

I still like these snacks but don't seem to eat them enough. I finally had to declare mercy and drop my subscription down to once a month after I amassed more than 30 of these things. Most of them don't seem to keep too well if you don't eat them quickly either.

All this talk of flapjacks made me hungry for some, and luckily I still had a couple in my collection. Somehow I've never gotten the honeycomb or chocolate orange varieties, which look like the most amazing of the bunch (my current favorite is summer berry flapjack).

Thanks, I couldn't find information either way and only a picture. I trashed them already anyway just in the case.

I'm going to come out in opposition to the flapjacks just a bit as I find them too sweet. I find a lot of things too sweet, and these are close and still tasty enough, but just a little too sweet. I've received 3/5 without having the honeycomb or chocolate orange as well. I have high hopes for the citrus of the orange to balance it well.

I trashed all the dippers too as they kept tasting just a bit stale and the sauces were all fairly pedestrian. All except the Onion Marmalade one. It tickled my taste buds. Most weeks I get some good offerings, and really I only have nitpicks. All in all I tend to be satisfied.

My code also seems to have been upgraded to unlimited, so anyone who wants in feel free to try.
https://www.graze.com/us/p/LYXVKJ92U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
I'm pretty disappointed that they don't have weekly deliveries anymore. I liked getting a new set of snacks every week because I threw one in my lunchbox and had it on a break. Now it's just once every two weeks, which kinda stinks.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Jhet posted:

My code also seems to have been upgraded to unlimited, so anyone who wants in feel free to try.
https://www.graze.com/us/p/LYXVKJ92U

Signed up on this one.

My offer code: https://www.graze.com/us/p/gw79knhcp

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Sehkmet posted:

I'm pretty disappointed that they don't have weekly deliveries anymore. I liked getting a new set of snacks every week because I threw one in my lunchbox and had it on a break. Now it's just once every two weeks, which kinda stinks.

I'm confused here. I'm still seeing an option for weekly deliveries along with biweekly and monthly. Did your setting get changed?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Bremma posted:

I'm confused here. I'm still seeing an option for weekly deliveries along with biweekly and monthly. Did your setting get changed?

I only have biweekly and monthly options. I wish I could do weekly, but alas, nothing there at least in the US version.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Jhet posted:

I only have biweekly and monthly options. I wish I could do weekly, but alas, nothing there at least in the US version.

Hm. I'm located in the US and I am subscribed for and have weekly deliveries. Odd.

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

Jhet posted:

That's weird, maybe hit up tech support? Also where it says your next box is coming in x time, can you hit the back arrow to make it come a week sooner?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
... that seems odd. I had weekly deliveries when I had a US account. I'd give their support a nudge. They're pretty responsive.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Got a code thingy KEVINL89P

Also, 2 boxes so far...

Box1:
Eleanor's Apple Crumble - This was pretty good, love them cinnamon vanilla almonds. LIKE
Toffee Apple - This was our (my girl and I) least favorite. The toffee dip was just low grade caramel. Blegh. TRASH
Smoky BBQ Corn - This was great, a solid beer snack for sure. LOVE
Summer Berry Flapjack - Does anything need to be said about these anymore? LOVE LOVE LOVE

Box2:
Cookies and Cream - This was a great combination of snacks, especially when eaten together and combined with the berries we got. LOVE
Cherries and Berries - We're all fans of dried berries here, the Lingonberries were the star. LIKE
Jalapeno Fiesta - This was alright, could have used a little heavier seasoning. TRY
Salsa Fresca - The cheesy rice crackers were awesome texturally and the salsa was very refreshing. LIKE

All in all, we're enjoying our mail order snacks so far. Bring on the flapjacks :kimchi:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Seriously, the flapjacks are so above everything else. Has anyone figured out a recipe that replicates the ones that they make?

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

pandaK posted:

Seriously, the flapjacks are so above everything else. Has anyone figured out a recipe that replicates the ones that they make?

My brother, the family chef, seems to think they're some sort of dehydrated cake batter sort of oat-abomination (this seems misleading, he loves them). I just think they're delicious.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

Bremma posted:

Hm. I'm located in the US and I am subscribed for and have weekly deliveries. Odd.

Their FAQ says they can offer weekly shipping 'in certain areas of the country'. Dangit, their kitchen's in New Jersey and I'm in New York state. You can pull it off, Graze, I used to get your boxes weekly from the UK!
:arghfist: :(

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

pandaK posted:

Someone asked this before around here and these links were posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/mar/10/how-to-cook-perfect-flapjacks

http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2011/09/homemade-golden-syrup-for-making.html#.UaKx4YnOlz5

From The Guardian link, I found:
http://www.lylesgoldensyrup.com/flapjacks.php

http://www.lylesgoldensyrup.com/kit...tted=yes&page=1

Stelio Kontos posted:

My brother, the family chef, seems to think they're some sort of dehydrated cake batter sort of oat-abomination (this seems misleading, he loves them). I just think they're delicious.

Your brother seems mistaken. :v: They're basically granola bars/oat bars.

Just really, really good. Really.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/mar/10/how-to-cook-perfect-flapjacks

http://en.christinesrecipes.com/2011/09/homemade-golden-syrup-for-making.html#.UaKx4YnOlz5

Those are some of the recipes I've found in my attempts to recreate as well. I haven't had the time to start testing, but I hope to soon. There aren't a lot of ingredients at any rate, but I think to find the perfect for me version will take some delicious trial and error.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Oh. Oh dear. I really wish you hadn't posted these because I'm off to Wegmans to get some golden syrup.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

daggerdragon posted:

Oh. Oh dear. I really wish you hadn't posted these because I'm off to Wegmans to get some golden syrup.

If you (or anyone, really) makes homemade flapjacks using these recipes (or any recipe) PLEASE let us know.

I love Graze, but I need more flapjacks than what they give me. :(

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

I've made flapjacks quite a few times. If I'm not mistaken, I even posted the recipe here in the thread.

EDIT: Yep, found it.

kazmeyer posted:

Yeah, generally speaking, if you screw up flapjacks they'll still be pretty decent (and tasty). And I have noticed that more than a few of the recipes I've seen on the net have a lot of butter involved. My basic recipe is:

2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup golden syrup
5 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup shredded coconut

It's really important to make sure the sugar is fully dissolved (I heat the mixture until the bubbles begin to stack up) and that you don't overcook it, because they change drastically in texture during the cooling process. My brother did a pan of chocolate flapjacks which had the consistency of brownies while still warm and roofing shingles once cooled.

Combine butter, sugar, and syrup in a saucepan, heat until the bubbles begin to stack up. Mix oats and coconut in a bowl. Pour hot mixture over oats and coconut, stir and fold to combine, press into well-lubed 9x13" pan. Bake for around 30 minutes at 350. The texture is the trickiest thing. These tend to come out less crumbly than Graze's flapjacks, and I haven't had much luck achieving that texture. But they're still drat good. Just make sure not to overcook the butter and sugar mixture, cool on a raised rack, and save yourself a massive headache and score the bars with a knife about 30-60 minutes into the cooling process. If you overcook them and don't score them while they're cooking, you can't cut the loving things with a lightsaber.

(Full disclosure: I haven't made these in a couple of months, so I might be slightly off on the baking time.)

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 10, 2014

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Boobs is Fun! posted:

That's weird, maybe hit up tech support? Also where it says your next box is coming in x time, can you hit the back arrow to make it come a week sooner?

I don't have weekly deliveries as an option either, but I can in fact manually nudge it up a week as long as I remember to do it every week, and I do in fact get them weekly if I do that. Ergo, it's logistically possible for them, they've just disabled it for some reason and I don't understand it. To be honest, I've kind of settled into not worrying about it, though. I enjoy them but I don't eat them particularly quickly and I get my primary snacking from Naturebox's much more substantial boxes. (Though while they're more substantial they're not as creative.)

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir

malkav11 posted:

I don't have weekly deliveries as an option either, but I can in fact manually nudge it up a week as long as I remember to do it every week, and I do in fact get them weekly if I do that. Ergo, it's logistically possible for them, they've just disabled it for some reason and I don't understand it. To be honest, I've kind of settled into not worrying about it, though. I enjoy them but I don't eat them particularly quickly and I get my primary snacking from Naturebox's much more substantial boxes. (Though while they're more substantial they're not as creative.)

I was able to do this, too, but it looks like the site's been redesigned and it can no longer be done.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

aghastly posted:

I was able to do this, too, but it looks like the site's been redesigned and it can no longer be done.

The site's been redesigned, but you can just add a second regular box at every 2 or 4 weeks and schedule it for the alternate pair from your first box. Again, why not just let us pick every week?

(Also, you can order a one-off box.)

Lywinis
Nov 5, 2007

I can bench more than you.
I'll toss in a friend code if anyone still wants one: N646MTGGP

I started when they were betaing for their American distribution and I don't think I found anything I didn't like. Will probably start back up and have tasty things to eat throughout the week.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So who else has the option to order extra boxes? Anyone taken up on the offer? I got an extra box this past week...and I have an extra box coming for this week. And then the next. They're far to good, and I still have to many snacks I want to try!

josiahgould
Nov 10, 2009

Silvyfox posted:

I'll toss in a friend code if anyone still wants one: N646MTGGP

I started when they were betaing for their American distribution and I don't think I found anything I didn't like. Will probably start back up and have tasty things to eat throughout the week.

Used your code to sign up, here's mine

https://www.graze.com/us/p/JOSIAH1DU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I signed up awhile ago so I don't know whose code I used (if any), but I just got my first box this week since I never actually filled out the info. In any case, I got:

Florentine, Eleanor's Apple Crumble, Fruit & Seed Flapjack, and Smoky BBQ Corn. I've only tried the Florentine thus far and it was really tasty. I'm definitely sticking with this. My code is QCK7QRTJB if anyone wants one. Im able to order weekly boxes as well as extra boxes, and the site indicates this is due to location.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

josiahgould posted:

Used your code to sign up, here's mine

https://www.graze.com/us/p/JOSIAH1DU

Signed up after you, here's mine

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
How much food actually comes in one of these boxes? Is it just one of their things (i.e. one order of mustard pretzels) or is it multiple servings composed of a variety of stuff? I'm trying it anyway, I just want to be able to set my expectations. For $6/box I can't imagine they are loaded

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

areyoucontagious posted:

How much food actually comes in one of these boxes? Is it just one of their things (i.e. one order of mustard pretzels) or is it multiple servings composed of a variety of stuff? I'm trying it anyway, I just want to be able to set my expectations. For $6/box I can't imagine they are loaded

Each sample is a serving size, approximately 1 oz, and you get 4 per box. The little samples are about the size of a container of playing cards, perhaps a little deeper.

panictheory
Aug 9, 2006

I have a code- ANNIES4NP feel free to use.

Had graze for a couple months now and I'm really impressed. I dont mind the portion sizes, they are perfect for me, but I tend to eat smaller meals anyway.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Cool, I signed up, been trying to get in for months, I guess they opened it up to everyone but I used the code for the free box.

Good deal.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
cancelled mine after 3 boxes, almost all the snacks are pretty much the same. And I feel like a moron because I wanted those olives in the OP.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

panictheory posted:

I have a code- ANNIES4NP feel free to use.

Had graze for a couple months now and I'm really impressed. I dont mind the portion sizes, they are perfect for me, but I tend to eat smaller meals anyway.

I signed up using your code. It looks like they are open to everyone for signups but I did get the first and 5th box free as a result, so thanks!

Now I just have to wait to get some snacks.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Looks like Graze is going to start mirroring Naturebox. They're teasing a "big box" containing five large bags of snacks you choose. The honeycomb flapjacks are an option. :) They've also got some new snacks in the preview you can check out by opting in.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

kazmeyer posted:

Looks like Graze is going to start mirroring Naturebox. They're teasing a "big box" containing five large bags of snacks you choose. The honeycomb flapjacks are an option. :) They've also got some new snacks in the preview you can check out by opting in.

Where's this at? I can't find it on their site.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

They may be rolling it out in stages. For me, it's a new tab on the top of the screen between "snacks" and "deliveries." Right now I can't actually order one, but I can see the 40 snacks and make my selections.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

kazmeyer posted:

They may be rolling it out in stages. For me, it's a new tab on the top of the screen between "snacks" and "deliveries." Right now I can't actually order one, but I can see the 40 snacks and make my selections.

Yeah, it's a tab at the top. I'm on the fence about it. It's great that they'll send them in larger quantities, but that almost defeats the purpose for me. I'll still try it of course.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I hope I can just order five bags of flapjacks

Man Yam
Aug 31, 2004
Pickle. No! You pickle!
Code here

I logged into my account and saw the tab for Big Box. Got on the wait list, nom nom.

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

pandaK posted:

I hope I can just order five bags of flapjacks

There's only 2 flapjack options and since they pick 5 options from your list I think you could only have 2/5 of your order be flapjacks. That's the first thing I thought of too. :(

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.
I don't see the tab yet, but please please please tell me the chili honey almonds are in the list. PLEASE :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Chili honey almonds are indeed on the list.

Raw Bites looks sort of similar to flapjacks so I put them on my list.

• Locked thread