Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation

Baronjutter posted:

We've thought about moving to a cheaper city but the rest of Canada seems like a hole compared to Victoria, or filled with mean francophones.

I stopped reading here. You could have great, excellent points in the rest of it, but I don't care. gently caress you. This is some of the most bigoted poo poo I've ever seen in D&D.

I.. Just... I have no words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I've heard nothing but shunning and alienation from anglophones trying to live anywhere in Quebec other than Montreal. I wouldn't want to move anywhere I don't speak the language, specially when I'd be outright shunned. Kinda hard to build up a new social network when you can't even communicate and some people will even hate you for it. Maybe it's not so bad, but I've had friends that actually spoke some survival-french move just outside Quebec city and they said it was hell, no one would have anything to do with them and they were constantly asked why they moved there, why don't they move to some city in english Canada and so on. Heck my friend's mom ended up moving from a small town in Quebec because she was from Paris and constantly got poo poo on for her language. The idea of moving somewhere where I'll always be an outsider, always be an unwanted "other" is terrifying.

Really? Small town quebec francophones can be really mean to anglophone outsiders is the most bigoted thing you've read on D&D???

Anyways, sorry to vent. This thread isn't about relocation it's just about bubbles and markets.

Yeah, because the only places in Canada where french is spoken as a primary language is just outside of Quebec City, and in small towns throughout Quebec. You have no idea what you are talking about, and basically said "I can't go live in that part of town, there are jews/blacks/natives/chinese/etc." Seriously, take a step back, relax, and move on.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

You realise that that shows a drop of a dollar, right?

Axis' manipulation is fun!

(yes, I know that it is still quite low, just pointing out a lovely chart)

Edit:VVV no idea what you are talking about, but bad graphing is bad graphing

Minister Robathan fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 8, 2014