Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

The Butcher posted:

Oh thanks! Please do, didn't know that was a thing.

check your pms, need an email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Lidsville/status/1160368145825013760?s=19

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Tinseltown has one of the better (and cheaper) fried chicken joints in their fuckin food court now. Go eat at TJs and tell me I'm wrong

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

And when this capital bump dries up?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

just poppin in to say you're a fuckin idiot if you said TJs does bad chicken at that price:

you're wrong, and that's 4 thighs for 9 bucks

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Arivia posted:

that has bones in it, so it's bad chicken

Nah, it's boneless

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nah, I'm in year 4 of Aussie life. It's more like something traumatic happened to you and you have a grudge. Which is understandable, but you're wearing whatever the opposite of rose coloured glases are.

You continue to be a sheltered poo poo head even on the other side of the world, quelle loving surprise

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I grew up here and don't yet have the job prospects to leave! I have grown indifferent towards vancouver life. I find I don't like the people here as much as I did in my 20's.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

so?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Bishops isn't really your neighborhood diner. The idea that relocating would materially hurt business more than the rent going up is silly.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Femtosecond posted:

Boy are Albertans hosed right now.

it's the dril candles tweet but with stupid extra vehicles

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

or the insane concentration of capital in the hands of the few means that when vast swathes of people sudden need to sell their homes at a loss, rather than a lack of buyers we're going to see entire neighborhoods owned by very few people

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

PT6A posted:

Castlegar is like the scene from the Simpsons with the new transfer student who says "there's a weird smell here, and you're all probably used to it... but I'm not."

a buddy of mine moved out there a year ago. Went to visit him earlier this summer and the town was fine, but reminded me of the suburbs. No weird smells or anything, but we weren't exactly strolling up to the mills

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

wondering how many of those were to individuals buying a first home vs. some corporation gobbling up cheaper property

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

RBC posted:

I don't really 'get' what is stopping employers from outsourcing all these wfh jobs to places where people will work for less money

there's nothing stopping places that allow for remote work from doing that already, other than a desire to not have to deal with offshore teams

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

sleep with the vicious posted:

Most companies of a decent size are in the process of doing this. My us-based semi-global software company already has most dev work in India and we are about to outsource our entire finance organization to India too. And this is after bringing a ton of that back in house from a Deloitte consulting shop that was mostly India too. They'll be coming for the other cushy white collar jobs well within a decade

I don't disagree that it's happening - I'm saying the only thing stopping it is whether the people who make the call want to deal with it

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Surely this time things are different and will never ever change

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

That's when you get the make and model of the machine, and buy a service key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Ayan604/status/1499841521025097729?s=20&t=e3LT6efmjLepMrmleLN15A