Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cultural Imperial posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, you're moving here without a job? Why on earth? Have you checked out what jobs here actually pay? You're probably looking at a 30% decline in income. I went through this experience myself 2 years ago. I also worked in IT in London and I would consider myself very lucky to have moved home (to Vancouver) in an internal transfer. There is no loving way I would have considered a move home without an internal transfer.

Speaking as someone who lives in the same city he does, I can wholeheartedly say that moving out of London (Ontario) is worth a pay cut.
It's the South :banjo: / Midwest (of I75) of Canada; a cultural wasteland full of fat, white, overly-religious old people, and mobility scooters.
Also, it's a drunken college town. That said, it's a very safe place to live, if utterly lacking in diversions that aren't bars.

First chance I got, I'd be out of here to Toronto.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

v:haw:v

In that case, I seriously question his sanity. Australia/NZ would make more sense.
Better weather, better scenery, cricket, and soccer that isn't played by :downs:...

Seriously, Canadians think soccer is what husbands do after drinking too much.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 25, 2013

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ehhhhhhnnnnnn posted:

this is the only canada thread?

There's a Blackberry deathpool thread in YOSPOS. :laffo:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Are these a thing in Toronto/Vancouver? I mean 2 bedroom, $2000/month apartments for rent with modern furnishings such as a tiny rear end kitchen where they forgot to install any cabinets or storage besides some cramped space under the sink:

Also, the loving idiocy that is round kitchen sinks (rather than rectangular ones with rounded corners).

Can you even fit a dinner plate in that sink? It looks like it's less than a foot per side. :stare: