Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
They could hire the people who built the mountain for Wonderland

we have the technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

mojo1701a posted:

Yes, but only because "white trash" in Canada is less about ethnicity & poverty, and more of a state of mind.

I feel like this should be the quote on the sign when you enter my part of the GTA

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

the last signal... posted:

If people wanna live in shipping containers they can go for it. It sure as poo poo shouldn't cost them $200,000+ to do though.

It's been my plan for some time to secure some land up north and put a "tiny" home on it but the reason I began looking into that kind of lifestyle years ago is because it's too loving expensive to live "normally" in a suburb or a city for me, and now even that is too expensive without the bubble bursting

gently caress all these hipster douchebags freezing their asses off during the winter because they forgot they were building a home and not a loving play fort for 8 year olds so they didn't add any insulation, or rich assholes pretending they've gone galt because daddy's bank account paid for their 300 acre fuckfruit farm

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Helsing posted:

Never mind the reef, I don't think millennials should be banking too hard on retiring at all given current trends.

I know I'm not the only one this fills with rage. There's going to be so much violence my loving god

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Page 905, can't afford to post here either

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Canadian Debt Bubble Megathread: I am certain that you don't need this truck

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress would you physically go out to a Swiss Chalet when they deliver

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I always say there's a lot of violence in our future and people misinterpret me and think that I genuinely long for that, but the reality is nothing could be further from the truth and poo poo like that powerpoint is why I'm convinced it'll happen anyway

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

RBC posted:

It's something perpetuated by boomer journalists that need fluff pieces and don't care about the underlying economics behind living space. Just hey, look at these crazy young people living in boxes, isn't that something! print it on sunday. I got three years left until retirement.

When I was planning on loving off up north onto a piece of land and building a small place to live in, it was precisely because owning a house and living the "normal" life as advertised when I was growing up was already out of reach for a working class cripple like me. Less than a decade later, and I've all but given up any hope of that life and am doubling down on the bottom apartment in my parents' house because I've accepted I'll likely never leave. There are people with degrees and training and their health at 100% that are in the same spot in their lives. I can't wait for the TV shows based around remodeling basements on a budget of whatever you can find on the curbs of well to do suburbs

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who owns a cottage should be shot between the eyes

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
This thread is like that part in the 80's Transformers movie where Megatron just keeps blasting away at Optimus while yelling "Fall, fall!!"

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I've got this great idea for a startup, here's the pitch

we make guillotines

It'll be really disruptive

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

EvilJoven posted:

cue three pages of you overprivileged lot looking up median salaries and going 'holy poo poo people exist on this much?'

Again.

As an actual poor person can you please shut the gently caress up? Thanks

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I've defended CI in the past because I thought he could be funny, but how hard is it not to be racist all the time? If you're that upset that he's not here to post links, you could post links too; be the change you want to see and all that.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Rime posted:

Pretty sure the economy is about to poo poo itself catastrophically, I'm finding 30 acres for $50k near actual towns in BC, shitloads of new listings everywhere else (mainly the kind of prestige holdings that offshore investors love), and that 1700acre parcel comprising 50% of Princess Louisa Inlet is back on the market (last seen in 2013-ish).:magical:

I've been edging waiting for years for vacant land prices to drop

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

RBC posted:

Another bungalow, this time in North York. Sold for 2.8 in 2017, sold last month for 1.7. Loss of over a million dollars in two years.

https://housesigma.com/web/en/house/zVwod7vGRp935mGN/53-Sumner-Heights-Dr-North-York-M2K1Y5-C3748471

Inject more of this directly into my bloodstream please

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Helsing posted:

Children of Men really has aged well and did a good job of nailing the right feel for the near future we are now plunging into.

I've been saying this for years and it's only now that people outside of these forums are starting to believe me

the only unrealistic part of the movie is the hopeful ending

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I hope your kids are healthy and are able to work enough to support themselves until they drop dead, because they're certainly never going to get to retire the way you might

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Wait, is that how it works? You kill a landlord, you become the landlord?

When you take the final landlord's head you win The Prize, which is that you now own all the property and can afford to have children

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
If you look conservative for any reason your reproductive organs should fall out through your rear end in a top hat

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Liberals gonna ....lib?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cold on a Cob posted:

‘The numbers are staggering’: You now need $1 million to buy a detached house across 97% of the GTA — even in areas far from downtown

https://www.thestar.com/business/20...m-downtown.html
https://outline.com/xdcPBE

My parents just sold their house in pickering, I guess it's a foregone conclusion that I'm going to get trapped in the rear end end of nowhere now. Great country we got here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
A loooooot of people waiting for their parents to die so they can inherit their house I bet