Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Just wanna say thanks for this. In no rush to buy but my girlfriend sort of is, in TO no less, with neither of us having done any real research on how bad it is. I need to show her this. We just got a relatively good deal on a newish rent-controlled apartment attached to a condo with everything paid for, all appliances, close to work etc. Got ahead of the waitlist thanks to a friend and an admission process that took everything but a blood sample. Now I'm thinking of staying well beyond any crash.

I also understand where Baronjutter was coming from on the last page. We're paying the same rent currently (with another couple, ugh) for a place of the same size in a 50-60 year old building above a bar that closes at 3am, in an area increasingly full of drunk hipsters and locals who only take breaks from screaming at the top of their lungs to take a piss in our laundromat's dryers or poo poo in our doorway. I loved this area when I was young, drunk, and unattached but I'm getting incredibly tired of slumming it. Especially now that the slum is apparently the place to be and even rents are insane.

Throatwarbler posted:

The day when no one talks about this stuff anymore because everyone who wants a house in Vancouver has moved to Winnipeg, will be the day prices come down.
Haha I almost took a job in Winnipeg purely on the basis that their real estate listings didn't send me into a depression spiral. Phew, that was a close one.

Al Nipper fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU