Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

Speaking as someone who lives in the same city he does, I can wholeheartedly say that moving out of London (Ontario) is worth a pay cut.
It's the South :banjo: / Midwest (of I75) of Canada; a cultural wasteland full of fat, white, overly-religious old people, and mobility scooters.
Also, it's a drunken college town. That said, it's a very safe place to live, if utterly lacking in diversions that aren't bars.

First chance I got, I'd be out of here to Toronto.

He's moving from the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

sleep with the vicious posted:

Rents didn't even drop, how would actual owning prices.

Rent in Toronto is way way down. You can find 1bedrooms for 1400ish now, and those same places were 1800-2k a year ago.

Housing prices have only gone up up up though!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

Rents have dropped but we're talking 15% year over year, which is barely anything when rents are sky high already. I will say that advertised rents do not reflect actual rents though so you probably won't see it as much in the listings, you would have to call them and negotiate.

Basically rents are back where they were in 2018 on average.

Source: https://dailyhive.com/toronto/average-gta-rent-drop-13th-straight-month

Thats for GTA proper. It shows Toronto itself as being down 20% which is quite a lot (and I'd guess a bit of an underestimate just based on what you can actually find online). You couldn't find a one bedroom under almost 2k this time last year. You can find 2 bedrooms for 1700 now.