Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
I just want to apologize to everyone for appearing to abandon this. It's not abandoned; I remain committed to continuing it eventually. It's just that a variety of factors (mostly involving having less time than I thought I would and temporarily becoming frustrated with the whole conversion process) converged to cause me to stop working on the conversion for a solid couple of months. I have started working on it again, though, and the LP will continue at some point. I realize that such a long delay is not ideal, and I don't blame anyone who loses interest, but "eventually" is all that I feel I can commit to at the moment.

I know there was supposed to be a vote on these scenarios, but I feel like it would be a little pointless now that so much time has passed. I'm just going to pick the suggestions I like and incorporate them into the scenario (partially for the sake of avoiding anything that is going to cause me undue difficulty in the conversion).

Anyway, this post is really just to give everyone an update and prevent the thread from falling into the archives, so I'll leave it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
These kind of megathread conversion projects are a lot less simple than they might first appear, I don't think anyone is going to get mad at you for taking your time over it. Hell, look at the Azerbaijan thread.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Take your time Viscardus. We can wait.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

RabidWeasel posted:

These kind of megathread conversion projects are a lot less simple than they might first appear, I don't think anyone is going to get mad at you for taking your time over it. Hell, look at the Azerbaijan thread.

It didn't help that Wiz works for Paradox now, either :v:

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Just to give a quick update (and ensure the thread doesn't fall into the archives): things are still progressing, though not as quickly as I would have hoped. With the Art of War DLC having been announced a couple weeks ago, my current goal is to try to get everything done in time to update it to the DLC soon after it comes out and start before those bastards at Paradox can announce anything new. :argh:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Give me a heads up and I will reread to remind myself what in the hell is going on in this time line.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Looking forward to seeing an EU4 LP with Art of War, which is shaping up to be the maybe best expansion yet.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Viscardus posted:

Just to give a quick update (and ensure the thread doesn't fall into the archives): things are still progressing, though not as quickly as I would have hoped. With the Art of War DLC having been announced a couple weeks ago, my current goal is to try to get everything done in time to update it to the DLC soon after it comes out and start before those bastards at Paradox can announce anything new. :argh:

Yeah, so, this didn't work out so well, what with schoolwork and everything. I'm sure by the time I get around to finishing it I will be the only person who hasn't completely forgotten about it, but oh well.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

I'm patient. Ain't no rush.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
I still click on this when I see a number appear next to it.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
I will be here.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
drat, seeing a number bigger than 1 on this made me think it was an update at last.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

No need to rush, you'll finish it when you finish it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Viscardus posted:

Yeah, so, this didn't work out so well, what with schoolwork and everything. I'm sure by the time I get around to finishing it I will be the only person who hasn't completely forgotten about it, but oh well.

Take your time. I've enjoyed this LP and I look forward to more.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like this LP. I would like it to continue.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!
Love this LP, take all the time you need!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I keep on checking every time I see a new post. I enjoy the LP, I'm just reeeally bad at commenting.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Chiming in to say I'm quite fond of this LP as well. Paradox LPs tend to require a lot of work put into them, so they're easy to appreciate. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
What can I do but chime in with the group. It's been a blast reading your LP so far Visc, and no matter the wait I'll be sure to tune in once this ball starts rolling again!

• Locked thread