Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WD40 posted:

As far as good cheese goes, I urge all of you to try Roquefort:

It's made from unpasteurised Ewe's milk and is matured in specific French caves, where it's colonised by a unique strain of Penicillium Roqueforti which naturally grows there. It has a very strong, sharp flavour with a heavy umami (glutamate) taste. The blue veins are tangy and delicious and complement the creaminess of the cheese perfectly. The outside can't really be called rind at all, is edible and has a slight salty crunch. It's my favourite cheese.

:hfive:

What are some good accompaniments for roquefort (crackers/fruit/antipastos and such)?
Also, are there any blues that are similar to roquefort in taste?

The only other blues I've tried were:
raw milk Stilton - a little old-sock-ish for me
Gorgonzola - alright, but nothing special
Danish blue - yech, like eating coins
Some Quebec :canada: blue cheese I can't remember the name of that tasted vaguely similar to roquefort

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Had a Canadian camembert today, and finally enjoyed eating the cheese.
The mild old sock part of the taste used to put me off but I've gotten used to it now.

Went really nice with the rosemary cream crackers I picked up. It covers over any ammonia taint which is present.
Had slices of asian pear for a palette cleanser.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"I don't care how loving runny it is, hand it over with all possible speed!"
- John Cleese, "Cheese Shop"

Just give me that round and a baguette... :allears:

• Locked thread