Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

hey dudes

you ever,

like,

:ducksiren:smoked cheese?:ducksiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Basic homemade mozzarella. I have made 4 batches and am sitting at 50:50 success:failure ratio.
The first batch I ever made, last year, I overworked the living poo poo out of, and I was basically left with a crumbly protein blob.
Second batch was fine.
Third batch was fine.
Fourth batch ended up becoming ricotta somehow. I think I stirred too long after adding the rennet :effort:

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I think the bottle of rennet I got was poo poo, I did another batch and watched it carefully, and was a lot more conservative with the stirring. Still ended up with thick ricotta.
Did another batch with the junket rennet I had used before and it worked perfectly, with super strong curds.

• Locked thread