Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Affably Evil posted:

Thank you for this! I tried it last night and it was really nice. Not quite what I remember eating but that may be due to brand differences.

Could it be cambozola? That would match the description: brie with a little more "kick".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Kenning posted:

Get a bit of the nicest, most floral honey you can find. Get a perfect, crusty, brilliantly caramelized baguette. Bread, Roquefort, light honey drizzle. It's madness.

That is kinda cheating though, since it works for most cheeses.

Lately, I've been rocking a nice slovenian(?) cheese. It is like a cheddar but made with sheep's milk. It tastes as awesome as you'd expect. I'm not sure on the name. Kolapcha or something like that?

Feels good man.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The DOP only applies to the EU and Italy exports a bunch of it. My guess is that you are seeing Buffalo mozzarella cheese, labeled as "Bufala" just like how California Champagnes are labeled "Champagne".

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

yes posted:

Sure I have, but baking in walnuts and aging the cheese with them are two totally different things. I'll bet the nuts make the cheese taste bitter.

Brie, in general, doesn't age that long. A couple of weeks, eh, should be fine as long as the walnuts were blanched.

Slop some jam on top, wrap in in phyllo, bake it and call it a day! Save me a loving step or two!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I've been on a real Iberico and quince kick lately. It's pretty amazing. Like Spanish wines, it's unassuming. Instead of smashing you in the face with awesome, it is an awesome accompaniment to whatever else I'm doing. Whatever I'm doing in enhanced by it but it isn't obtrusive either. All things Spanish are good.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Taleggio or ricotta (or any other basic farmer cheese) might fit the bill.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
With a nice rioja wine, some membrillo and some good bread.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
It's listeria, not E. coli. Get it right man!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
If you are a poor college student, I am 100% confident you can find better ways to spend your money than Cowgirl Creamery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The whole point of cheese was to make milk last a long time.

You're fine. Worst case scenario, it is more runny than you'd like or there is an oxidized rind that doesn't taste as good.

At 12 hours that isn't worth worrying about. So even then, you're worst case isn't a problem.

• Locked thread