Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoshkwon
Jun 27, 2011
Because I'm a poor college student, I've stuck to cheeses at trader joes because they're relatively affordable and they have a pretty good imported selection as well as their own house brand.

So far I've tried the goat cheese Brie, double cream Brie, Roquefort, Gouda, and white Stilton (w/ apricots).

The goat brie was really tasty. Much more creamier and a bit sharper than most other Brie cheeses I've had, like President and the double cream brie.

Gouda was not bad. It was cheap cause it was the TJ's brand but didn't have too strong of a flavor but I guess that's kind of expected of Gouda. A workhorse cheese.

Roquefort was awesome. It was my first time trying Roquefort and it tasted like a blue cheese but way creamier and stronger in taste. It was very very salty though.

White Stilton with apricot was interesting... It was dry and crumbly bur it tasted like cheesecake because of the apricot in it. A dessert cheese, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoshkwon
Jun 27, 2011
Speaking as a poor college student, are the cheeses from cowgirl creamery actually worth their price? I mean a small wheel of their red hook is like $23. They seem to get lots of hype lately.

hoshkwon
Jun 27, 2011
Yeah

hakimashou posted:

Cowgirl creamery stuff is extremely extremely good.

Even as a poor college student you should get one some time as a treat.

You might also ask if they'd cut and wrap half of one for you. That's partly what the cheese monger is there for! And you can't get hooked on it until you have a try...

I've gotten halves from a whole foods here before, they just had them sitting with the whole rounds.

Hmm maybe on my next paycheck. Or during a special occasion. I'm pretty happy with my trader joe's cheese for now though.

• Locked thread