Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Variant_Eris posted:

Woah. I didn't know that Ricotta was that easy to make. Guess I'll try the recipe with Lemon Juice and put it on some Lasagna next time.

Paneer is super easy. And fun! I made goatneer. Goat milk hand squeezed by me!

Then I made eggplant lasagna with it. Delicious!

Feeding whey to the pigs is amazing. Gets them to scrape that last inch of slops up out of the feed bin. And at the last place I worked, the goats got a taste for it too, so they would get ice cold whey in the summer. One time we put a frozen block of it out, that kept them entertained for awhile. The current goats I work with don't have a taste for it though.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Turns out milk containing any amount of colostrum retards curd formation! Good to know now. In other news, the 30 minute mozzarella turned into a confusing but still tasty farmer cheese of sorts.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 18, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Y'know, if he did it on a tortilla and charcoal grill, we'd call it Bar Pizza and applaud.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

graybook posted:

Sounds like some I'm Gonna Get You Sucka-level partitioning right there.

Hey, when they say they break packages, I take advantage.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

yes posted:

Speaking of aged cheddar: 40 year Tillamook just showed up at my office.

They really don't clean out the back of the cheese aging room too often. They also got Jimmy Hoffa back there.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 13, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Shrapnig posted:

So what's my best bet for storing this monstrosity after I start digging into it?

The cheese on top is a half pound of random grocery store provolone for scale. Actual weight 3.67lbs.

You're never going to finish it, just bury it and run away from the great London fire like a champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
UHT anything will not curdle. The UHT process denatures the proteins in such a way that they just aren't ever going to curdle in any way useful for cheese. It would be kinda like using a scrambled egg to make egg nog.

• Locked thread