Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Cheese thread! After successful paneer I got it in my head to make mozzarella, but it seems like the milk requirements are much more demanding. Am I correct in reading that ultra-high pasteurized and homogenized are both clues that my cheese is going to fail? Or is the internet telling me both of those things matter an overblown concern?

Where do you guys get your milk to make fancy cheeses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ColdPie posted:

If you're using it as a stepping stone to aged cheeses, just skip it imo.

Well, it wasn't until you said that. Hrmm.

Thanks all. My wife found cream top unhomogenized at Whole Foods we're going to try first, then I'll give $2/gal Target whole milk a try next.

• Locked thread