Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Affably Evil
Nov 10, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

:hfive:

What are some good accompaniments for roquefort (crackers/fruit/antipastos and such)?
Also, are there any blues that are similar to roquefort in taste?

Roquefort is amazing on quite plain crackers with some kind of tart jam. I sampled it at Whole Foods with a merlot cranberry jam on some fancy but bland saltine cracker and bought the entire combination on the spot. (Went for the cheaper crackers though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affably Evil
Nov 10, 2012
I'm looking for a particular cheese that I had at a dinner party a while ago, I was stupid and forgot to remember the name. :/

The meal was a really simple pasta dish with spinach and no sauce, but it was served with a cheese similar to brie that had been baked in its rind. It got very runny and each person scooped some over the pasta. It was AMAZING. What kind of cheese would work well for this? I remember it being stronger than brie but not overwhelming for the amount we scooped. (Which was a lot. I like cheese.)

Affably Evil
Nov 10, 2012

Cpt.Wacky posted:

Probably Camembert. I'll cut the top off and smear on a few minced garlic cloves and rosemary with a bit of olive oil, then bake until runny.

Thank you for this! I tried it last night and it was really nice. Not quite what I remember eating but that may be due to brand differences.

• Locked thread