Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
After having some amazing freshly made ricotta, I'm thinking of trying my hand at it and making some at home for Thanksgiving. Anyone have a good recipe and advice for someone that has never made cheese before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

The Midniter posted:

This could literally not be easier.

Haha. Yeah, I'd say that's pretty easy. Thanks, should've known to just go to serious eats.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Good lord. What did you eat it with??

I desperately want to eat that with my mouth.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
2015 has been a killer for me at work and my major project finishes up this week. Thinking about taking a stab at a cheese other than Ricotta this weekend, but then I remember I won't be able to eat it this weekend. Might just go out and buy some, because this thread makes me so hungry and I have a bottle of wine I need to drink (not because it's going to go bad or anything, just because I need to drink one).

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

I just started watching Chef's Table, and the opener for the first episode is that there was an earthquake in Italy in 2012 that caused damage to 600,000 wheels of pamigiano reggiano.

The story Massimo Bottura tells of how he came up with a new dish and encouraged the region to use it to help use up these damaged wheels quickly is pretty cool too.

Everyone who has Netflix should watch this show.

Here's "Five Ages of Parmesan" by Massimo:

The show owns. My favorite is Francis Mallmann's episode, but probably because that's how I wish I could cook all the time, not just on special occasions.

• Locked thread