Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch

mindphlux posted:

so, my favorite cheese might be epoisses. anyone have any suggestions for new things I might try or look out for based on that? I think I've exhausted my local importer's selection, but might as well ask.

conversely, if any of you are far away from the southeast and happen to see Sweet Grass Dairy's Green Hill cheese - it's loving amazing. grab a bottle of the most expensive champaigne you can afford, get a wheel of that poo poo, eat it, drink, and have copious amounts of sex with whoever happens to be nearby and somewhat amicable.

La Tur, Explorateur. Those two can get pretty runny, but I've never had a cheese that's funk level can contend with epoisses. Green Hill is easily one of my top choices for a cheese plate when I'm ordering cheeses for the restaurant. Unfortunately, Sweet Grass's aren't as amazing as Green Hill. I picked up their "Heat" once, which claimed it was like an artisan Pepper Jack, but it was really quite bland and a big let down until we shredded it and made sandwiches, where it did just ok.

In other news, if you like cheddars, you should see if you can find one from Lancaster, PA called Tumbleweed from 5 Spoke Creamery. It's a mix between a cheddar and a cantal, and they make it in giant cube form and whenever we order it, it comes in cut in half on the diagonal, which is kinda weird, but it is amazing.

If you like Humboldt Fog, you guys should really look at some of their other stuff. Cypress Grove's Truffle Tremor is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread